De L'Europe Amsterdam
$276
$260
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Van Gogh(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$142
$85
Hostelworld.com
1,633 results
All reviewsfreddy's bardutch mastersamstel riverone bedroom suitemarble bathroomleading hotels of the worldbeautiful hotelupgraded to a junior suiteheated floorsconcierge staffluxury hoteloverlooking the canalturn down serviceflower marketcanal tourbreakfast buffetan upgrade
Reviewed July 9, 2014

De L'Europe is a first class hotel that deserves its rating. The staff were unfailingly polite and helpful, the public facilities and rooms were spotless, and the hotel is very conveniently located near major attractions. The nearby tram line is easy to use and an inexpensive way to get around town. We had a relatively small but nicely appointed top floor room with a small balcony that overlooked the Amstel River. We elected to have breakfast at the hotel, which was a substantial buffet. When I reserved our room I mentioned that we were returning to Amsterdam for a second honeymoon, and were greeting with a complimentary bottle of sparking wine from the management, a thoughtful touch, and one that made us appreciate De L'Europe that much more.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed 4 nights at De L' Europe in late June. The hotel is well situated on a canal in the center of town, an easy walk to Amsterdam's many attractions and neighborhoods. If you like traditional style, luxurious hotels, this is the place. We booked several months' before our trip and were lucky to score a 5th floor room with a private balcony overlooking the canal. We were really able to soak in the atmosphere just sitting on the balcony, having a drink, and watching all the activity below. The room was very comfortable and spacious; beautiful wood floors; great marble bathroom with separate tub and shower stall; comfortable bed. Also, the room was incredibly quiet; we seldom heard any noise from the outside when the windows were closed. The fitness center has a reasonably good selection of free weights, machines and treadmills; more than sufficient for a full work-out. Next door to the fitness center is a small indoor pool with the feature that allows lap swimmers to swim in place. The spa has dry and wet saunas. All told, these facilities create the feel of a resort and are great for relaxing after a full day of walking the city; the times I used them, they were virtually empty. We had free internet and free bottled water in the room daily. We watched two World Cup games in the cozy bar, where we were given a free beer every time the Netherlands got a goal. The hotel is elegant but not stuffy; the staff is friendly. The hotel is three tram stops from the train station, so getting from and to the airport via train and tram was a breeze and far less expensive (and time consuming) than a cab. Within a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel are dozens of decent restaurants. This is definitely one of the nicer hotels we've ever stayed in and we could not have been happier with the choice.

Room Tip: The canal facing rooms provide great views and atmosphere; best to be on the 4th or 5th floors.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

After having staid there on a few occasions in the past, we chose for De L'Europe again a few weeks ago as it is the perfect base to enjoy a few days Amsterdam from. We are especially impressed with the staff, who put in a lot of effort to make us feel at home and are extremely helpful. On top of that, the rooms and bathrooms are simply outstanding, as is the restaurant which is situated beautifully on the canal and is the perfect place to enjoy a peaceful breakfast as the city comes to life in the morning. Can highly recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates the good things in life.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the canal side
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I just want to thank the outstanding service at the hotel, specially the concierge. I left my jewelery at the hotel´s safe box and they not only returned it but they were really concerned about helping me out. They were so kind I wish I could meet people like them in other cities.

Beatriz, Mexico City .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beatriz P
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Fantastic location right in the middle of Amsterdam with well appointed rooms and luxury bathrooms. We stayed in a courtyard facing room which was nice and quiet .
The concierge was excellent but some of the other staff not so good. I had to wait for attention at
The reception and concierge desk most times so perhaps more staff needed when a queue develops.
I was disappointed about the boat trip I wanted to go on .
I tried to book the special trip for hotel guests only and I was the first to request a booking for the following day. A minimum of 4 people are needed so we were offered choice of paying for 4 people and we had to decide in next 2 hours, which we declined. She did not ask for our names / room number to let us know if other people wanted to go . Presumably the next 2 people wanting to go would have encountered the same problem unless they were dealt with by a more resourceful member of staff .
Imagine my disappointment the next morning when at breakfast when I saw the boat arrive and several people getting on !!

Not sure about need for I pad in room - looks flash but serves no useful purpose