De L'Europe Amsterdam
$248
$229
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $278/night.

$561
$131
$88
Agoda.com
1,646 results
All reviewsfreddy's bardutch mastersamstel riverone bedroom suitemarble bathroomleading hotels of the worldbeautiful hotelupgraded to a junior suiteheated floorsconcierge staffoverlooking the canalluxury hotelturn down serviceflower marketcanal touran upgradebeautiful room
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My partner took me here for my birthday in August 2013.

The room was spacious, clean and had everything you could possibly need. They even provided an ipad!

My partner had booked and paid for a junior suite and was a little frustrated when we checked in to be told that we have recieved a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite...err no it was booked and paid for!

The staff are lovely and polite.

We had issues every night of our stay as the turn down service took away our dirty cups each night and didn't replace them. We also had a bit of a disappointment with the breakfast that was servce in our room.

That said the hotel is great, centrally located. its very clean and the staff are ever so polite and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ClareBels
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My friend and I came to Amsterdam after two sweltering weeks in Italy, and were ecstatic to have booked this hotel. We got an amazing deal on one of the websites and were happy to see it was in the best location, right on a canal and ten minutes away from the centre. We took a cab from the airport which was lovely but an ambitious person could do the train to the station and then take a tram to the hotel. We found our room to be cool and gorgeous, although the curtains opened to the interior of the hotel and people walking by! Not a problem as we basically hibernated in the room with the amenities of modern living ( Italy is wonderful but we do miss our particular things) ...and the beds! Awesome beds and bedding, amazing shower and bathtub with marble, robes, goodies, coffee maker...I had to drag my friend out we were so comfortable! We tried the outdoor part of the hotel restaurant- on the canal- and it was beautiful. The meal was good but pricier than we were used to from Italy...typical for many other places though. The Rijksmuseum was open and it was only a 15 minute walk from the hotel. We wanted to take the bicycles they had at the hotel but were afraid of ending up in a Dutch hospital! Those cyclists are crazy!
I would very definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again. It is one of the Leading Hotels chain and it shows.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Linadi
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This place is as perfect as it gets. From the second the doorman carried our 6 (50lb) bags into the lobby with a smile i realized we were going to have a great trip. We were only there for 2 nights following our 12 day cruise and our room was spacious and state of the art. The bathroom was exceptional with heated floors and separate stereo and TV built-in. I believe you spend more time in the bathroom on vacation then anywhere else and the decor in the bathroom made you want to just sit there and watch TV. This didn't help with my wife because it took her much longer to get ready since she didn't want to leave. We were with 15 family members and ended up having to wait in the bar for everyone to gather. In the bar (i can't remember the name-i think it was Franks or something like that) we had the best Bloody Mary i had ever had prepared by and extremely social and engaging bartender (Girt-hopefully i spelled his name right). He was very knowledgable and gave us excellent advice on everything we wished to see while in Amsterdam. We walked everywhere and realized later that we actually almost walked around the entire city. We didn't have a river view but my sister did and it was beautiful to sit and watch the boats go by. Obviously i would recommend this hotel to anyone and next time we go to Amsterdam we wouldn't even think twice to look elsewhere.. De L'Europe is the place to go..
i forgot to mention the linens on the bed were incredible. it was so nice to get into bed after a long day.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river if you can. i love watching the boats go by.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gschaldach
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was a first trip to Amsterdam while I was on vacation with my 22 year old daughter. We were on a European trip in celebration of her graduating from college. I was recommended this hotel from a friend of mine that had stayed at the De L'Europe several times. Based on his recommendation I booked a room for 3 nights. The room was spottless and large overlooking the Amstel. Food was fantastic and on one evening sitting in the lounge bar wanting a small bite to eat, my daughter was craving a salad but none on the menu caught her attention. The waitress decided to have fun with this, asking her what she liked and didn't like, what kind of toppings she would like and what kind of dressing and then walked off saying "leave it to me". Within 10 -15 minutes, out came a fantastic salad, exactly what she wanted and something that she would have made for herself. When the waitress left, the two of us just laughed at just how great she was and probably the first time we had ever had anyone offer such attention and tell the kitchen what was needed. She truely made my daughter feel at home and comfortable. This type of feeling was consistent with all the staff we met. The concierge recommended a day trip to the Keukenhof Gardens. Wow, if you are ever in Amsterdam during this event, GO! Thanks to the concierge for showing us all of the activities and then booking us to the gardens. One of our top things we did. Can't help but to mention the guys in Freddy's Bar. They also remembered my friend and we had a great time sitting in the bar. Every step of the way, this hotel exudes a first class touch and I hope someday soon to return.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the Amstel and a drink at Freddy's are a must!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had a junior suite right below was the water. The only problem was every morning looking at garbage in the canal or across the street, not a little but a lot. Not the fault of the hotel, but still it takes away from the ambiance. We were in Amsterdam many years ago and we were always amazed at how clean the city was. However, the hotel was spotless. Internet perfect. Room perfect. Room service took a long time, but the food was ok. Staff was giddy and personable, they were having a good time. Tight if you bring your car, watch out for the bikes on the one way road to their place, but the doorman is right there to watch out for cars and bikes. Great location for milling around and shopping. Beds and pillows are so comfortable. Breakfast was great for us both, usually I do not eat breakfast because not much except meat and cheese, but this one was good with fresh juice and smoothies and fruit.

Room Tip: on the canal.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple