De L'Europe Amsterdam
$276
$255
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $287/night.

$562
$350
The Toren(Amsterdam)
$536
1,643 results
All reviewsfreddy's bardutch mastersamstel riverone bedroom suitemarble bathroomleading hotels of the worldbeautiful hotelupgraded to a junior suiteheated floorsconcierge staffoverlooking the canalluxury hotelturn down serviceflower marketcanal touran upgradebeautiful room
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night in August, very impressive upon arrival with the well dressed concierge opening the door for you, reception staff were very friendly & helpful, complimentary tasty puddings on your bedside tables, turndown service at night, slippers, bathrobes, etc etc as you expect for the price of the rooms...
however the room was a little dusty, some lights & switches didn't work, the complimentary use of a non-working iPad, & non-existent wifi (even though it says free wifi)...just a few oversights to make the stay a little unmemorable...besides this, Amsterdam was awesome!!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
DeLeurope, Manager at De L'Europe Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed our services and facilities!

Please note that whilst you were staying with us, we were in de midst of changing our entire WIFI service which obviously had an impact on your conectivity and the functionality of our in-room iPad At De L'Europe, we now have one of the fastest high speed WIFI networks on the market today which covers the entire hotel and terrace.

Please accept my apologies for the fact that you did not get to enjoy this service. I would truly apprciate it if you contact me directly when you are thinking of travelling to Amsterdam next in order for me to ensure you will be very well looked after.

Warm regards,

Jeroen Bronsveld
jbronsveld@leurope.nl

Reviewed August 21, 2013

A remarkable stay.
From the first greetings at the door to leaving the property- PERFECT!
The Service, Quality, Accomodations ( Room was so quiet and had the BEST view), Food, Staff is 5 star - just an impeccable stay.
Recommend a Jr. Suite.
Cocktails and food in their lovely restaurant sitting along the canal is a delightful way to end your day.
Location is perfect, walkable to all major sites.
The ONLY bad thing...............we had to check out!
Can't wait to return!!!

Room Tip: Book a Jr, Suite
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

A luxury hotel I have being seeing since my first visit to Amsterdam. We decide to stay there this time and I wish I had know its amazing failures considering what you pay for a room. Some, like the dust that dominates almost every corner, can be photographed. Others cannot. Among them.
I) the story that tells you the concierge upon arrival about the hotel services without caring if they are closed or not (as the restaurant Bord d'Eau in August)
ii) the rudeness of the breakfast restaurant staff. Do not expect them to give you any attention and quickly attend your requests or simply remember them. If you have the misfortune of being there for your breakfast when there are guests from their country of origin, your order is just history,
iii) If you don’t like to have your personal items touched and rearrange by house keeping staff put them in your luggage. They will do what they want with it.
iv) the light switches. Bear in mind that the halogen lamps in the ceiling can be graduated maintaining the pressure on the switch. Besides all that, except in the bathroom all the plugs are at the floor levels which is quite uncomfortable for laptops and iphones.
v) Location seems, and it is, great but the streets surrounding the hotel are very noisy.
vi) Be aware that a taxi from or to the airport will cost you half the price the service the hote will offer you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Triper_07

Dear guest,

Many thanks for having taken the time to give us your feedback. I am truly sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and I wish that you would have made your dissatisfaction known whilst on property in order for us to immediately turn things around.

Please note that your feedback has been taken on board and addressed to the relevent departments in order to ensure action is taken. In order to maintain consistency in our service & kitchen team in Bord'Eau, the entire team is sent on holiday at the same time. Please do let me know when you are coming back to Amsterdam next in order for me to ensure you will be well looked after and experience the level of service we like to pride ourselves with.

Warm regards,

Jeroen Bronsveld

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed in two separate suites in this hotel in July and were very happy. First of all the staff is a delight. Especially Alice at the front desk and Farley the waiter at the breakfasts. We arrived early and they did not have our rooms available. So we decided to take the canal boat that takes tourists for a tour of the canals. When we returned only one of the rooms was ready. It was a decent suite, a bit on the cramped side and close to the front of the hotel. It had a very nice view of the canal, a small living room and small bedroom. The bathroom was all done up in white marble with black streaking. My only two small complaints about this room are that the curtain in the bedroom did not fully cover the window so light came in and one night you could hear rowdy people walk by. After a few hours we got access to our second suite. At first I was annoyed that it was on the other side of the hotel but was assured by Alice that I would like it very much. She was right. Our second suite (I think was 256) was larger than the first with a nice sized living area facing the canal, a bathroom done up in pink tiles and a nice sized bedroom with a curtain covering up the fact that it faced an indoor hallway (which I didn't care about). The color scheme was nice. The bed comfortable. There was a tv that you could raise from the end of the bed (didn't use). Here my only complaint was that it was so high tech that it was difficult figuring out how to turn on the lights in the various areas of the suite. The best part was the view from the living room at night. Just magical. Also, it was farther away from the front of the hotel so there was no noise from outside. I did not want to leave. Breakfasts were nice. The breakfast area faces the canal and there is a nice little buffet that was included. This is a great and very expensive hotel and has a very old money, old refined elegance. We ate at a good restaurant a block away. The hotel is located near touristy things. Personally, I do not prefer this area of Amsterdam. However, I liked the hotel. I liked Alice's recommendation for her favorite restaurant (not the one a block away). I would be happy to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013

It was a joy to stay at the Hotel De L'Europe. Prior to our arrival, the hotel assisted in arranging for a sedan to pick up my wife and I at the airport. Check in was smooth and even though we arrived in the morning, a room was ready for us. It happened to be my birthday and the reception sent a tray of snacks and a bottle of wine with a gracious card to acknowledge the day. The staff was all very friendly and professional, and were of great assistance in providing directions around Amsterdam. The hotel was always spotless and the rooms are very comfortable with heated floors in the bathroom and plush beds. Shampoo, conditioner lotions (for men and women), shower gel, sewing kits etc. are provided. The hotel is also situated centrally in Amsterdam and is a 15-20 minute walk to almost all of the highlights, including the Anne Frank house, Central Station, Dam Square (5 minutes) and the Rijksmuseum. Amsterdam really is a walker friendly city, so the location of the Hotel is a real convenience. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the city of Amsterdam.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple