De L'Europe Amsterdam
  • Pool
$415
$364
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$238
ibis
Avenue Hotel(Amsterdam)
$363
$271
  • Breakfast included
MEININGER Hotel Amsterdam City West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$266
  • Bar/Lounge
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$332
$299
Agoda.com
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$228
$440
$400
$469
$434
Travelocity
  • Pool
1,621 results
All reviewsfreddy's bardutch mastersamstel riverone bedroom suitemarble bathroomleading hotels of the worldbeautiful hotelupgraded to a junior suiteheated floorsconcierge staffluxury hoteloverlooking the canalturn down serviceflower marketcanal tourbreakfast buffetan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2007

I was having a nightmare looking for a room to book for my daughter and I to celebrate our birthdays (21st & 40th). I decided on this hotel simply because other people we had invited to join us in Amsterdam had already booked in to it!

I got a deal through expedia £690 for 3 nights. PARKING is an additional £38 per night and a coffee is £3.50 for a small cup.

We had a 'business like' reception however, it was quick and curteous.

Our room was 'nice' (I booked a superior junior suite). It had a coffee table and chairs in it (which would account for the 'suite') but no view (so I don't know what the 'superior' means').

The chamber maid service was fantastic and it was always great to have the Bulgari products replaced.

The Terrasse is a gorgeous spot to have a chicken & bacon sandwhich (£15) and a bottle of moet (£50) overlooking the canal.

Don't bother with breakfast it is a small buffet with a small variety and is almost £20. (Even best western include breakfast in the price and it is 100% better than this).

Do have a massage, lovely person and it was worth the £26 for 1/2 hour.

There are no coffee making facilities in the rooms, even on request, therefore it will cost £7 for a coffee to be brought to your room.

I had a great weekend so I wouldn't change a thing really, but this hotel is not that special I'm sorry to say, it's like an old style hilton that has great staff (but needs more of them as service is very slow), charges for everything, not great value once you are there (a coffee is a coffee, there is nothing special about theirs) BUT location is fantastic, the bed is wonderful and when you find a member of staff they too are great..

Would I go back? Maybe, but I would probably spend less in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
7  Thank moetmadam
Reviewed June 14, 2007

Haven't stayed in hotel myself but booked for close people one night for 2 persons and 2 nights for one. Interior of the hotel is really nice and historic. Check in was quick and without problems. Having chosen run of house option while booking at hotel web site I hoped for the best they have, however as we arrived early (~10 a.m.) we were given quite modest standard room which might be good for 3-4 stars but for 5 stars hotel it needs some cosmetic renovation. There was a small window with view on flower market a bed of good size, a bit small bathroom. Air conditioner was producing sounds as if it was 20 years old. Lift which we used was very original - with soft bench. Another word about hotel's restaurant - we booked a table on the terrace, but without telling us in advance they closed it because there could be rain (there was no rain at that evening) and placed us in the center of the hall (not very pleasant). Sommelier was very helpful and helped us to choose the right wine, pianist was brilliant. Waiters were not so we had to pour that wine on our own. Food was of average quality - that is no bad but not very tasty. For 3 persons we've spent 268 euro. There is a very nice Freddy's bar with always fresh Heineken beer (3,5 euro per small glass). In general experience was more or less positive and in we paid 275 for first night and 268 for next 2 plus 12 euro per day of city tax. Breakfast was 25 euro per person but we haven't tried it.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank euine
Reviewed May 31, 2007

This is a beautiful old-world hotel right in the middle of Amsterdam and steps away from the flower market. The rooms are lovely and the service is exceptional. Rooms with balconies overlooking a canal are particularly pleasant. The meeting rooms are a little bit plain but there's nothing to complain about. Overally, my experience here was excellent and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank NYC304
Reviewed May 14, 2007

I stayed at this hotel many times in the 1980s and on returning in April 2007 was delighted to find it as good as ever. Beautiful room, plenty of space, lovely bathroom, friendly and knowledgeable staff, everything working just as it should. And the restaurant is as good as ever -- yes, it should be, for the price. But it does everything well and there is the added delight of watching boats on the canals just below the restaurant window. What a pleasure to visit again.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank jacquestati
Reviewed October 15, 2006

I was very surprised that I loved the room and the location as much as I did. It was perfect for a first visit. I absolutely would come back to this hotel again. It is the best location of all the hotels to see everything in Amsterdam. I got the room upgrade with American Express booking which was wonderful the room was beautiful, the staff was gracious. It was perfect. I give it 5 star all the way around. I cannot wait to go back.

Stayed: October 2006