De L'Europe Amsterdam
$276
$255
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $287/night.

$562
$350
The Toren(Amsterdam)
$536
1,643 results
All reviewsfreddy's bardutch mastersamstel riverone bedroom suitemarble bathroomleading hotels of the worldbeautiful hotelupgraded to a junior suiteheated floorsconcierge staffoverlooking the canalluxury hotelturn down serviceflower marketcanal touran upgradebeautiful room
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Summary: relax in luxury, but with no stuffiness. The room is total comfort, the toiletries first class, the staff friendly and the brasserie superb. Take in a deep breath, exhale and enjoy.

Details:
1. this is a superb hotel
2. I arrived about noon and my room was not ready yet, so I was instantly upgraded to a junior suite, overlooking the courtyard, quiet, with a sitting area and the bedroom. A Samsung LCD TV in each area, the same brand I have at home.
3. the sitting room has an iPad with free internet, which is great since I am a veteran Mac user. There's also a safe, coffee/tea maker, & minibar.
4. the bedroom has luxury linens, the biggest pillows I have ever seen and a comfy king bed.
5. the bathroom is all marble with adjustable heated floor and big thick big towels, nice bathrobe and premium shampoo, soap, etc.
6. the dining options are several: I had late night in-room dining one night and it was delicious. The Brasserie, which overlooks the canal, is superb with very friendly wait staff and super value 35 euro prix-fixe 3 course menu. I was dining alone and had ongoing banter with the wait staff throughout the meal - it made the experience pleasant. The wine by the glass list is extensive and well-chosen, ranging from 5 to 11 euros. The bar is called Freddy's and has light food. Lastly, there is a gourmet restaurant, Bord-Eau.
7. when I was ready to print my airline boarding pass, I asked where the business center was [it was downstairs]. But the staff member I asked, named Titta [from Finland], said she would personally assist me with the printing and we proceeded to her desk and had a pleasant chat while doing the printing. That's the level of service here.

Summary: Is it expensive? yeah, but not outrageous. Is it total luxury? Yep. Is it worth it? I think it's a good value. I cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: a courtyard room provides total tranquility
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank pfmdallas
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed here for our first trip to Amsterdam. As others have noted, it's a gorgeous property but what really made the trip memorable was the staff, especially the doorman Rene. The whole staff makes you feel you are, if not the only, then certainly the most important, guests.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We just returned from a 4 day trip from Amsterdam and an excellent stay at the Hotel De L'Europe. We stayed in a one bedroom suite in the newly refurbished Dutch Master's Wing with a view of the Amstel. The suite's many amenities were impressive. Bose sound system (with IPOD hook up), a room IPAD, free Wi Fi (so refreshing not to pay for Wi Fi!), luxurious linens and an elegant bathroom. We very much enjoyed Hoofdstad Brasserie and Freddie's Bar. Most impressive was the staff. Many of the staff have been with the property for years and their commitment to excellence is evident. Each staff member went out of their way to make our stay more comfortable and to help with plans for each day, including hotel management who can often be found in the lobby ready with helpful suggestions and guidance. One of our best trips to Europe at one of the best hotels in Europe. We are already planning our next trip to the Hotel De L'Europe!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Amstel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in the Premium Deluxe Room with my family. Excellent room standard with iPad available at the nigth table and free WiFi. Delicious royal style bathroom. Staffs friendliness, hospitality and quick response to requests made the stay even better. Very nice breakfast served in the room.
Location at Muntplein is perfect with 5 min walk to Rembrandtplein.11 tram and bus lines halts just outside and connects you with all parts of the city.
Only drawback was the credit card bill I received back home, but it was worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for channel view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Egil O
Reviewed April 1, 2012

A very good location in the old city center with wonderful views to the Amstel. The entire hotel has been recently refurbished with good taste and comfortable solutions in the public areas. The equipment in the rooms is remarkable, with a very comfortable bed and bathroom. The friendly attitude of all the staff, from the doorman to the manager on duty is surprising. All our requirements were solved efficiently and promptly as one can expect in a five star hotel, but unfortunately too often the service received in de luxe hotels is a “four and a half” being generous in the qualification. Good quality food and excellent service for breakfast and dinner. Freddie’s Bar is a must to be visited.
I believe it is the best hotel in Amsterdam and no doubt it is in the select bunch of best hotels in the World. Bravo ¡¡

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business