WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #134 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Oro Valley, Arizona, United States
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a strange hotel made up of several adjoining buildings. Each has it own elevator. Our room on the 4th floor over the office small, the bathroom door would not open all the way. ( It hit the bed base).
Comfortable bed, good view
Only 3 rooms on our tower floor. Like a private suite. Tiny elevator- only room for 2 adults.
Breakfast provided- as much as we wanted.
Only downside was a moderate charge for Internet access so I did not use it. They did provide a computer for printing boarding passes without charge.
3 minute walk to major tram stops.
We walked most places. For 2-3 days a multiday tram pass for about 10 Euro would be worth it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank David C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Oslo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We passed a week-end in Amsterdam as we attended a reunion for former international students. The hotel has a clear design profile. The breakfast was rather expensive, and we did not find that it was worth the price. The room was voluminious and had big windows giving to a nice back yard.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

A flying visit to Amsterdam and a short stay in this hotel - I should start by saying make sure you have the right hotel a few in the area have similar names.

I walked the length of Overtom to get to the wrong hotel and had to cab it back to the correct hotel. This was late at night - I was tired and not happy. The staff at Hotel Vondel greeted me with smiles and friendly happy service. Not the normal dutch service especially at 11:30 pm. I found the same happy friendly service at checkout and again over breakfast - they must be doing something right!

I had one of the basement rooms which I think is fine for a quick stay - not sure I would want it if there for more than a couple of days. The room was ok - bed was nice and soft. I didn't hear noise but I was very tired. Thought the bathroom was nice - great toiletries and shower was strong.

I'm used to hotel irons being terrible so when I called the front desk for an iron I was made up with the state of the art iron. No limescale and dirt came out of it and was better than the one I had have at home making my shirt nice and crisp.

Breakfast was delicious very fresh and great selection. The decor of the restaurant was relaxing just what I needed before a day of meetings.

I would stay here again to see if a longer stay makes me feel the same.

Room Tip: Avoid the basement for longer stays.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
West Bloomfield, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We checked in at 9 A.M. to be told that the room would be ready at 3 P.M. At 9 A.M. I reminded the desk personnel that I wanted a quiet room. When we returned at 4:45 the room was not ready. We had flown over night so were very tired and this was irritating. I reminded the staff at 4:45 P that I wanted a quiet room. I was told that the room would be quiet. It was a cool evening and we had the window open. All night long we could hear staff from a close by hotel playing football of some sort on and off in the street. Finally had to close the window at 3 A and put the air on to filter out the noise. Room was very nice. Bed comfortable. Breakfast was ample and very good. I gave the 3 because of the delay and noise.

Room Tip: Not sure where the quieter rooms are because others on our tour complained that it was noisy in the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Computernana
Beverley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Two nights over a hot weekend. Not a cheap hotel which charges extra for its air-conditioning! Our room was at the front which was very noisy from 10pm-2am. We should have suspected something when the guy in front of us at check-in was actually just organising a room change. OK, it's a 'boutique' hotel but considering it's rates, it's not good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nickatpgmi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Having just returned from a 3-day stay at Hotel Vondel, I am quite shocked to read the recent poor reviews of the place. My trip was a last-minute thing organised by work so I hadn't checked out the reviews but I found the hotel to be perfectly clean, modern,and in a great location. I had a room on the 4th floor, room was huge (as was the bathroom), and the bed was comfortable. I also found the staff to be lovely and extremely helpful. Overall a great hotel and I would happily stay again for either work or pleasure

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Pip124
Hong Kong
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

A Hotel that appears so-so in interior decorating with poor staff ....poor service and poor everything!!!!!!!
Every day you have to ask for something that was not replaced - house keeping forget to replace the towel with a clean one, then the water glass, do not wash the tea mug, do not replace the face towel..... every day you have to ask for for something that is missing.
The mattress is so old and soft you can watch TV and smell your big toes while on your bed - my back is killing me. Why do they not replace the mattress ???
Check in and out is a nightmare as staff are young and inexperienced!!!!!!!
YOU SHOWER AND THE TOILET IS SPRAYED WITH WATER AS THE SHOWER DOORS IN 201 JUST DOES NOT SEAL THE SHOWER OFF.!
CANNOT OPEN THE WINDOWS AS YOU CAN JOIN A CONVERSATION WITH THIOSE WALKING OUTSIDE - NO sound proofing.
What a nightmare!