Hotel Vondel
$415
$364
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$238
ibis
Avenue Hotel(Amsterdam)
$363
$271
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
MEININGER Hotel Amsterdam City West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$266
  • Bar/Lounge
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$332
$299
Agoda.com
$905
$558
Agoda.com
  • Pool
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$228
$440
$400
Travelocity
1,546 results
All reviewsgreat locationboutique hotelquiet side streetexecutive roomwalking distancelovely hotelminute walkmuseum districtrain showertop floorthird floormini barvan goghrooms are smallcentral stationvisiting amsterdamdam square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have stayed at Vondel Hotel in November for three nights. It was my first time there, but I have been many times in Amsterdam.
As we checked in a receptionist (Fiona-?) welcomed us with a big smile and confirmed everything about my reservation, including the two bikes i booked via e-mail. The room we were given was nice with a clean efficient bathroom; the only bad thing was it was located 1 level underground, so no way to open the window. We were always around the town, so we didn't suffer from it that much. We never had breakfast there so I can't say. By the way the location is great: 100 meters from Leidseplein, in a small quite street. We had a small problem with the lock of our bikes, and once again Fiona (?) helped us very kindly. All of the front staff are very good, but she was extremely guest oriented and efficient. I believe I will return there, also to try the restaurant (Joost-?) that was always crowded with nice people!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Nice spot with very small but comfy rooms.
Try not to stay in the ground floor, the stairs are like climbing a wall with luggage.
Nice breakfast too and this hotel is very centric but not in too crowded area, meaning you can go by bike or car.

Room Tip: Choose upper floors and always ask for the invoice. I left without mine....
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed in the Vondel yet again, this time with my wife for a long weekend in Amsterdam. The location is just superb, walking distance to just about everything without being in the main touristy part of the city. Only down side this time was the room just didn't get hot enough... if we were staying there longer we would have complained, but for 3 nights we just used it as an excuse to stay in bed longer... Overall - a great little hotel with superb boutique style at affordable prices.

Room Tip: Worth investing in a large double rather than the standard size double.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had lunch at the indonesian restaurant Sama Sebo who is situated very close to the famous shopping street (P.C.Hoogstraat) , friendly staff, fast service, good food (always too much) , very relaxed atmosphere.
Would definitely recommend to everyone who loves indonesian food.
It is easy to find.

1  Thank godelieve
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I booked and didn't pay very much. Expected a budget hotel. It was so much better than that. The description also said small double, which is was, but I expected even smaller than that. Really liked the two shower heads in one shower. Loved the location. Couple of minutes away from Leidseplein tram stop, and about the same to Vondelpark. Great place to go for a walk. Would stay here again!

Room Tip: If you're going to spend a lot of time in the room, which you really shouldn't, then don't take a small double.