1,804 results
All reviewsdam squarered light districtcentral stationperfect locationnoisy at nightluggage roomrldcafestram
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Excellent location, was noisy at night, but room was clean and staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Agree with most other reviews, as the hotel is so close to the RLD, the foot-traffic day/night never stops along with the noise.

We had the pleasure of our room smelling like toilets, so we obviously didnt spend much time in there.

If you know whats good for you, save up your pennies and go elsewhere!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Any review of this hotel has to be dominated by the terrible noise. If your room is on the Red Light District side, you will probably not be able to sleep at all. Although the rooms are otherwise new and renovated, the windows are not and therefore keep no noise out. The partying in the pubs and clubs continues till early morning. If you have to choose this hotel, bring very good earplugs.
The room itself was clean and functional, although quite small. The toilet was very good and new - probably just renovated. The hallways of the hotel were in a poor state of decay and notably dirty. The lobby was ok.
Breakfast was not included in the high price. Service was ok, but not enthusiastic.
All in all, because of the very central location, the hotel would be worth staying were it not for the noise. Of course, if you have come to Amsterdam to party all night, then the hotel may be a good choice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2010

Myself and my husband have just returned from a 3 night break in Amsterdam. Although we had a great time the hotel terminus was a bad choice of hotel to stay in. Although we expected some noise, we didnt expect to be awake all night!!!! The windows are old and have no glazing that would help some of the sound problems. There was bad damp in the room with brown water leaking down the walls (which hadn't been cleaned up) The radiator didn't work and the room was very dirty and had minium lighting VERY GRIM!!!!!! They were having new carpets fitted in the reception area during our stay which was like a death trap with loose carpet hanging off the stairs yet no sings were put up or no word of warning from hotel staff. I suffer with bad asthma and with the damp and dust felt awful after the first night so complained and asked for a new room without damp. The reception staff laughed and said most rooms have damp, when I asked about the radiator she laughed agian and said none of them work but hadn't informed us when we booked in. They did move us to a new room which was a little better but still awful (no damp). I would'nt normally write a review but am really cross with the service at this hotel and regardless of what if cost (our stay was 310 euros) it should be clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2010

hi everyone, I baught a giftcertificate for my mothers birthday and tried to book this hotel, which advertised to be joined. I called to make reservations and the person who i spoke to was very rude and uninterested to help. She spoke to me like i was unimportant.
This attitude you will see often in Amsterdam. I love Amsterdam, but in hospitality they are not the best. I told her it was for my mothers birthday and she gave me numerous reasons why it wasnt possible to book (when she didn't even listen to what my real problem in booking was).. she just guessed and wanted to get rid of me.
I am not booking there obviously, because i want a little bit of class and hospitable people welcoming me in to their hotels. What a shame..

• Stayed: September 2010