“Christmas smoke in amsterdam” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tulip Inn Amsterdam Centre

Tulip Inn Amsterdam Centre
Ranked #282 of 361 Hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam
“Christmas smoke in amsterdam”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel was formerly called Terminus. Not a ideal hotel as you cannot smoke anywhere. Price was different to what i had booked, it was more at the Hotel. no room service no food either in the hotel. For the size of Hotel i expected to get food at anytime this was not the case. staff are great and if you wish to check out late its a extra 10Euro per hour which is not too bad. all in all i rate the average 6/10. there are better and cheaper hotels than this one for smokers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank k C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We had a horrible first night as we were allotted the room in the basement.....heating didnt work, and the bath drain was blocked!!We could not be moved until the next day, and we were upgraded to a much better room! The reception staff were reasonably friendly, no free wifi but you can purchase hours at a decent amount. The best thing about this place is its location - fantastic, close to centraal station and dam square, RLD, buses, trams, shopping....and the breakfast was pretty good too!

Room Tip: Don't take the basement room......horrible!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Australia73
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel I would describe as being just okay. The location is the best part. Its about a 5 min walk from centraal station, which was perfect. As you walk into the hotel it smells really really bad of sewerage. It almost made me gag at times. The lobby itself is pleasant and open with friendly ish staff, but not not blown away by staff. Not that I am expecting a lot from a hotel that was £70 a night, but would have expectedto have been slightly more welcoming. Our room was on the third floor, which is as high up as the elevator goes. We could not find our room on the 3rd floor, then noticed a very steep additional staircase, which I can only describe as a carpeted ladder, which lead to 2 further rooms. This was where pour room was. Had to literally curve your body under where the ceiling comes down below where the stairs end...if that makes sense. Basically you had to climb in and out of the room. Not great, The room itself was okay, 2 single beds pushed together, and a very nice bathroom. Overall, I think if I were to go to amsterdam again, which Im sure I will, if I found a cheap deal for this hotel I would stay again, but wouldn't pay more than £50 a night. Have stayed at the Victoria Hotel opposit the station twice before, and would highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tinkerbel1440
Amsterdam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

The staff were helpful when we arrived & let us check in early & stored out luggage when we checked out as our flight want till the evening. the room was clean & tidy when we arrived, was fine the first night but was woken at 4am the next night by a little mouse rummaging through our bags. Apart from that it was ok :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Tasha P
munster
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

After previously reviewing Die Port van Cleve in Amsterdam which was excellent I thought it only right that I give some advise on The Tulip Inn. NEVER STAY HERE.
I booked this hotel for my partner and his two mates as they were going on a midweek break and unfortunately die port van cleve was too expensive. When they arrived the room was dirty and had a vomit stain on the carpet. They did not complain about this as they were there to have a good time and didnt want to upset things. However On the final morning of their stay my partner woke up approx 5.30am when he heard a noise in the room. He looked around and saw a rat in the room eating some snacks which had been left on table. They immediately left the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lim09Munster

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Biel, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've been dozens of time in Amsterdam, and booked this hotel because I made previously good experiences in other Tulip Inn's. At around € 100.-- for a night, I had quite a large choice of different hotels in Amsterdam. This one however didn't stand to it's Tulip Inn name in my opinion. Located in a small parallel street to the main, central road Damrak, the location is actually good, and could hardly be more central. You don't really need a taxi if you arrive by train, it's in 5 to 10 minutes walking distance to the "Centraal train station"
The reception staff was helpful and friendly, nothing to complain here. I even got an iPhone charger lended (for a deposit of € 10.--), as I forgot mine. Then I got the key-card to my room which was located in the first floor, with "view" to the back, which was a little square, a light shaft. The single room was one of the tiniest I have seen in many years of travelling. Hell, I stayed recently in another hotel, which's bathroom was probably larger then this single room! At least it was not cold, but tremendously overheated. I had to turn the heating completely down and to open the window for hours, in order to bring down the temperature to human comfort levels. But for hours, I felt like a lizard under a brooding lamp. Free WiFi as it's today usual in business hotels? -of course not, it costs € 9,50 for 24 hours (I waived it at this price). Warning: the hotel is obviously very close to a church, which will entertain you with a fairly loud carillon, I think the last time I heard it was by 23:00 h, but I'm not sure anymore. Probably you don't hear it so well in a room to the Beurstraat (the road). There was a reasonably sized LCD tv set with a lot of dutch channels, but not many foreign ones, some British at least. The bed was narrow, and I slept very badly. Close to your head there's the radiator supply pipe, which is extremely hot even if you turn the radiator down, and it feels all but no good so close to your head, it tries to fry your scalp. I even almost burned my hand on it. The bathroom was normal-sized with a shower and with glas or plexi cabin. The next morning I went to breakfast. The choice was reasonably good, with fresh fruits, yoghurt, different breads, ham, egg, cheese hot sausages, etc. etc.. Check however if it's included in your room price, otherwise it will cost you an extra € 10.--, like for me. All in all, I'd say that if I would have had to stay longer than one night at this hotel, I'd have walked out and serched another one, or at least asked for an upgrade. I don't know how double rooms are in this hotel, or better ones, but mine was one of the worst in a 30 years spanning history of staying in hotels. Both thumbs down. hard!

Room Tip: single room I had was extremely small, it was # 103 as far as I remember
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business