“Perfect location!”

Ranked #294 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam
Tallinn, Estonia
“Perfect location!”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

At first when i read those reviews here, I was quite suspicious... but we needed the hotel only for sleeping. We traveled as two couples and both rooms were clean and almost quiet, as we were on the 3rd floor. (rooms 310 and 311) Only thing that bothered, was water pressure. I couldn't get shower in the morning, because the water was just dripping.
We didn't eat our breakfast at the hotel, so I can't say anything about it, but there are many nice cafe's near by. The location was very good, everything we wanted to see was by the short walk. And it really took 7-8 minutes to get to the trainstation.
As we traveled without our kids, I dare to recommend this hotel for couples or friends or solo travelers. I didn't saw any mould or unbearable stains, as i read from here before. Almost every time I passed the reception, one of the receptionist was cleaning something, with vacuum or something. For those who are coming to this hotel first time, I recommend to look at the map first. We were looking for the hotel for a while, because we had very bad map, it didn't have the names of those little streets.

Room Tip: I recommend higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed here the first time in 2007 and it was a brilliant stay, rooms clean and wonderful, breakfast brilliant! Staff very friendly and helpful. So when I was back in Amsterdam for the 4th time, I recommended this hotel to 3 friends and we stayed here in OCt 2010...And what a disappointment that was! Staff not friendly, althouugh they appeared to be...
They gave us a room with 4 beds in it and it was clear that this room had not been looked after properly although the beds looked clean. The carpet was dirty, broken lamps.. broken vent in bathroom door and the worse thing??? A mouse was in our room and lots of mice droppings everywhere!!! I complained and asked to see the manager, they refused. I asked them to come to the room to see it, they refused! I took photos and a sample which I still have! But havent got round to doing something about it, but if Tripadvisor contacts me then I will be happy to assist. This is a health and safety issue where pests are concerned...so if you happen to be a group of 4 asking for a room for 4, look out for the mouse and mouse droppings! They didnt hoover behind the beds or chairs... it was absloutely distgusting! My friend actually saw the mouse on top of her bag and thought she was dreaming until we saw the droppings and realised it was real! And we couldnt sleep after that! I am shocked to have stayed here when I had a brilliant time here the first time and now I would be wary of staying in Amsterdam again if there are similar problems elsewhere, and its a shame because I love Amsterdam! Katy Browne, Scotland.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Katy B

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Branson, Missouri
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Once we found the hotel.....and it was hard to find......we had easy check in, the room was dated but clean, no problems. We did have a street level room, so it was quite loud, but all part of the fun of Amsterdam!!! Front staff were not so helpful, but ok. Location could not have been more perfect. Walk to the train and everything.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Headline says it all. Hotel is in a nice location. A few minutes walk from the central train station. It's an OK value. Rooms were small, but neat and clean. Staff is helpful. There are no "deal breakers" here but at the same time this isn't a place you'll remember staying at. They charge a ridiculous amount of money to use the wi-fi so you're better off using wi-fi at one of the nearby coffee houses.

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank hdt99
falkirk
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My wife and I decided to go to Amsterdam for four days and booked the Tulip Inn for the 9th May to the 12th. On arrival the dirty streets in front of the hotel did not portray a good image, however the reception area was as expected from a three star hotel. Our check in was complete efficiently and we were allowed into a room early and was grateful for this facility. As you progress to your room you see throughout the hotel the place does need a degree of refurbishment, the staff are friendly and appear to be cleaning relentlessly, however it was even more so when we got to our room. The bathroom area was very poor with loose toilet seat chipped sink and poor tiling. The room we had was No 155 on the first floor and as it backed onto a busy lane the room had no means of opening a window and we struggled with no fresh air, albeit an air conditioniing system is in the room. On the positive note the breakfast was good and with hot food and continental cheese and ham being plentiful. I acknowledge during a short break in a city you are only frequently in your room, however we found it dissapointing that rooms are offered to guests in this poorstate of repair, the picture on the brochure and on line suggest an upkept hotel and we found a run down hotel with nice staff trying to clean and maintain a hotel which is crying out for TLC. The location of the hotel should have been the giveaway for us, as it is just of Damrak which as the tourisy brochure highlights look okay from the outside but are normally grubby inside, and this was found to be correct we will probably not return to Amsterdam as that is our third time and it is getting dirtier and swamped with stag doo.

Room Tip: No tip the hotel is a non smoking hotel but upper floors did stink of smoke at times
Wexford
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Unfortunately I was expecting a bit more for my money! Hotel quite shabby & a bit grotty in places, i.e stained couches & carpets. Almost cried when we saw our room, really grotty with a big open vent thing in the floor & looking out the window at cigeratte butts & rubbish on the roof of another level. Asked for a different room & got a much better/bigger one. Location is great though, walking distance of everything you want. Would be more like a 2 star hotel. Hotel is 12(?) different buildings combined into one, so lots of up & down stairs/levels & I imagine lots of different standards of rooms - so if given a horrible room, ask for a better one.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank JennyWexford
london
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Room stunk of smoke, everyone smokes in amsterdam. the management removed the cover the last people had put over the smoke alarm but did nothing of the smell. The bathroom was teh size of a cupboard and you exit the shower onto the toilet. The shower was good. It was a laugh to be in the centre of the red light district, it was nice to hear the bells of teh church but I found the tune irritating as, coming from where I do, the actual tune was lost on me. The bag storage was not secure when we arrived. We had to pay city tax which we did not know about, which was about 20 euros.The Zeedik is close by where we found great restaurants.
we liked -
drie graefjes on eggerstraat 1
bazar on albert cuypstraat 182
thais snackbar bird zeedjik 77, where a really friendly nice waiter called Nom served us great food, we went back twice!!
and dwaze zaken no 50 prins hendrikkade, we went back twice there too.
so, little time spent in hotel, thank goodness.

Room Tip: er don't
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple