1,804 results
All reviewsdam squarered light districtcentral stationperfect locationnoisy at nightluggage roomrldcafestram
998 - 1,003 of 1,804 reviews
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Having seen the reviews online, I knew this hotel would not be 5 star, but I did not know that it would be dirty! The room, which was "deluxe" had a broken fan, stains on the rugs and chair, moldy grout in the tub, and a view into the neighbors room. The hotel was virtually impossible to manuever due to mulitiple staircases, and it was set on a back alley. I changed hotels during my visit, and still have yet to receive a refund to my bank account for the difference. In addition, I have attempted to contact the hotel several times and let's just say that their "customer service" (if you could even call it that) was sub-par. One receptionist has hung up on my several times!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Stayed here as part of a trip to Holland with friends and needed a second night in Amsterdam as our original hotel was fully booked for our second night.

It was round the corner from our original hotel so we didn't have to go far and check-in was seemless. The lady on reception said we had been upgraded, and our twin room (119) was ideal for what we needed. Big enough, comfy beds and a decent bathroom all clean. Also had a flat screen TV with a decent choice of channels.

Breakfast was also good the next morning with a variety of choice - Sausage, Bacon, Scrambled Egg & Mushrooms or the more continental cheeses, hams, eggs, croissants etc.

Location was also great, right next to Dam Square, the station & close to the Red Light district etc.

Unless our upgrade made that much difference (felt like a normal twin-room) I don't quite get all the horrific reviews - but maybe we were just fortunate with our room!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I have read all the bad review here and still was thinking that quite a big hotel company like Golden Tulip can't have such a shameful place. I was wrong. Guys I paid 110 euros is 3 days in usual USA hotel anywhere except NY, or two days in Paris hotel of two stars, this hotel rates itself 3 stars, yeah maybe in some other world, where broken chairs and tables are considered good, where no AC is a rule and 12 euros for internet is cheap, broken safe is good too, smelly towels are awesome and broken toiletries are for use... Ok, I dont blame noise because its center of the city, its ok. I don'blame garbage near the hotel - its people, but why on Earth I paid such money for a hostel, not hotel???? I could stay in same place near for 25-30 euros.
I think for this money they charge us they should do renovaton as quickly as possible.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank salmiero
Reviewed June 26, 2011

After reading the reviews on trip advisor I was very apprehensive indeed of this hotel booked via a stag company , however my worries were put to rest on arrival we were delealt with promptly and efficiently. We were given our room at twelve and not three as advertised. The only moan I could have would be the church bells which is beyond the managements control and dealt with via my own ear plugs and the breakfast could be better but what can you expect when abroad? In general a very good clean hotel in a very prime location

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 15, 2011

This hotel was as sketch as it gets. For 90-100+ Euros, I was appalled. You should know that it is smack dab in the middle of the red light district before going. In the first closet they gave me, the door did not shut unless it was slammed; the table and trashcan were broken; internet did not work; and the room was about the size of a shoe box. I complained and got sent to a larger room on the top level, which was quieter but had an outdated bathroom that stank to high hell. Suffice it to say, I cut my stay short and moved to the Eden Hotel, a few tram stops away, for about 30 Euro more. The difference was night and day!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo