“Amsterdam Visit”
Review of Hotel Piet Hein

Hotel Piet Hein
Ranked #169 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed for four nights at Hotel Piet Hein which is modern, clean and smart. The staff were polite, friendly and helpful. they booked a tour for me and the shuttle to return to the airport. the hotel is situated next to Vondel Park and the museums. There are nice restaurants and a bakery selling savoury and sweet pastries, drinks, nearby. If you want to eat a little cheaper you can either take a tram or walk over to Leidseplein. My room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my time there - if I could change one thing I would ask them to provide tea/coffee making facilities in guest rooms - being English I always have to have tea each morning before going down to breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank sheilasworld

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Neat clean rooms good hotel overall. Good location close the city center. However staff could be a bit more polite. We have asked for help to carry our luggage. They were not willing to help and they have complained all the way.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank duyguto
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel had a very good reputation in the hands of the same General Manager for over 30 years. I booked our room several months in advance - not knowing about the change - with my credit card as security for our reservation for a 3 nights stay. To our surprise when checking-in I was asked to pay in ADVANCE the final bill including breakfast. When I asked why this was not mentioned in their confirmation I was told recently the hotel has been sold to new owners, they have a new director and advance payment is the new policy. I had no alternative but pay as demanded.
Soon after checking in I informed reception that the light bulb in not working in the bathroom by the washbasin and as there is no window I'll have difficulty to shave in the morning. As we were going out to dinner the receptionist promised to take care of the matter while we will be out. We came back - nothing happened. Next morning I've reported the same to another Receptionist and also that at back of the bathroom door there are only two holes as the hooks are missing to hang our pyjamas and dressing gowns. It'll be down by the time we'll get back from the museum was the promise on day two...and the same promise we had on day three. Finally we checked out on the morning of day four with still no light by the washbasin or hooks on the door and all this for 520.89 euros for 3 nights!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Park and remember it's NOT the same hotel as it was before due to...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank peti28
Reviewed April 25, 2014

i found this hotel very comfortable by its location near museum quarter and its facilities are also enough good for staying for 3-5 days in Amster
unfortunately there is no big shops around hotel where we could buy some food and alcohol

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deem79
Reviewed April 17, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Was on a business trip in Germany and some colleagues and I decided to spend the weekend in Amsterdam. Two days before we landed a room with 3 beds on the 4th floor - a little pricey but given the time of year (May) and the last minute nature, we were very happy! Lots of charm and perfect for the first timers. Great view from the room (wooded area behind) - left the windows open and was very comfortable, until a pigeon decided to fly in in the middle of the night and freak out one of my colleagues who nearly beat it to death. :)

15 minute taxi ride from train station - very entertaining by the way. The staff was helpful and friendly. The bar is a good place to get a pre-dinner drink. The single beds were small for 2 of us (6' 3 and 6' 4), but it was very pleasant, clean place to crash after walking all day and partying all night. Rooms were small, but clean and had everything we needed.

Great getaway!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed there for 3 nights. We asked for a double bed on booking, and they duly obliged. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.
Our room was on the top floor, but easily accessible by the lift.
The room décor was clean & tidy, the amenities were all in working order. Our free WIfI was working no problem -even on the top floor.
The bathroom was very good. A separate shower from the whirlpool bath and W.C. & washbasin.
Everything was clean & tidy and the cleaners did very good daily job.
Breakfast was lovely, and there was choice of eggs (fried, scrambled & boiled) freshly prepared by the cook. Bacon sausages were also on the menu along with the usual cheese & hams etc.Breakfast room & gardens were tastefully decorated.
The bar was a bit pricey, but that is what you expect for a city centre hotel.
I would recommend this hotel for a mini break.The trams are near to the hotel which is good for jumping on and going sightseeing. Also the Museums are in very close proximity, which makes this hotel ideal for visiting Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Rooms adjacent to the Vondel park may pick up noise from the late night revellers there. But if you...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple