“Europa 92”

Ranked #187 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
Krakow, Poland
“Europa 92”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Very good and nice hotel, good location - close to the city centre, good connection with the airport (by bus), spacious and nice rooms, big bathroom, friendly and helpful staff, nice atmosphere... I reccomend it!

Room Tip: we had no air conditioning in the room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Barbara S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

A friend and I stayed at the Hotel Europa 92 in mid-May and found our experience to be less than satisfactory. On 2 separate occasions we went down to the front desk, only to find that there was not someone there. That certainly did not make us feel safe in a new city. The room itself was simple and functional, but the bathroom had paint peeling and a leak. I am coming back to Amsterdam in July for business and not certain that the Hotel Europa deserves a second chance to gain my hard earned money.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LoveMexicoALOT

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Almaty, Kazakhstan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for three nights as a weekend getaway, while on business trip to Dusseldorf. I was traveling alone I looked for a safe street somewhere in the center. Hotel Europa 92 turned to be ideal for this purpose. It is located just a few minutes walk from Vondel Park and a 8-10 minutes walk from Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh and Stedelijk museums. Tram station is just around the corner. Tram No1 will take you directly to Amsterdam Centraal station. Heineken factory is 10-12 minutes walk (you ca walk through Vondel Park). Although the hotel is located on a street, outside noise is not really a problem, as soon as the window is shut. Staff were helpful and very nice and friendly. I lived on second floor, but you have to take a lot of stairs to get there. On my arrival I used lift and it was ok. But when I was leaving I could not get into the lift, it just would not go down. Probably it was just me not closing the door properly (it was one of those old lifts with two doors). I was lucky not to have a lot of luggage with me in this trip. Elsewhere, the room was small but clean and ideal for a short getaway, when all you need is a place to rest your head after a long day of walking around, exploring the city. Hotel location is ideal for this purpose. It looks like it requires some refurbishment though. Would totally recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I booked this as a surprise long weekend away for my boyfriend and I (booked as a package via easy jet with flights included). Caught a train to Central station then jumped in taxi from there as is was our first trip to Amsterdam and didn't know our way around. Really no need for a taxi though just a short tram and a walk away really easy to find.
About a 5min walk to the Leidesplein square and trams back towards red light district and the station. Walking distance to Heineken factory too. Personally I think that I enjoyed the walking more as it meant you can discover more that Amsterdam has to offer with it's narrow streets hidden coffee shops etc.
Room was small but all you needed for a weekend, bed, bathroom, wardrobe space and a TV.
Continental breakfast served every morning fairly basic but substantial and as expected. Toast, tea, jams, cereal etc.
Staff were friendly always said hello.
No problems during our stay and would recommend to any looking for a place to rest their head after exploring for the day!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank lollyholiday
Europa92, Front Office Manager at Hotel Europa'92, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel and we hope to welcome you again!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here during our first trip to Amsterdam and we weren't disappointed. We really enjoyed staying here although the bathroom was a little dirty with chips out of the wall and some black marks. Staff were absolutely fine, one even complimented my hair one morning! so I can't complain about them. Our room was cleaned every morning and beds were made. Good proximity to the city centre and tram stops were directly outside. Some shops within walking distance too. Would recommend if on a budget.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and it was overlooking the garden, which was good for us because it meant...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank newcitylauren
Dear,

We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel. We also want to let you know that we are budy with renovating the bathrooms to make sure that the walls are lookig as they are supposed to look!

We hope to welcome you again in our hotel!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

very friendly and helpful, easy to get around. The rooms were comfortable and they looked after us. Would stay here again when travelling back to Amsterdam and would recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Dear Joseph,

Thank you so much for your positive review. It makes us very happy that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel!

We are really looking forward in seeing you again in our hotel if you ever plan to visit Amsterdam!