“Small rooms no air con but first class”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Albus

The Albus
Ranked #65 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Small rooms no air con but first class”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Very warm in august in hotel really needed air con. And a smoking room would of been perfect great location though and we would defiantly recommend the pizza place next door to the hotel corridors very dark lit but other than that hotel was perfect and we would defiantly come back but at a cooler time of the year

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Me and my fiance have just returned home from a 2 night stay at The Albus. We were overall very pleased with this hotel. Location was brilliant and most tourist attractions were within 10mins walk. Just around the corner from clubs, cafes and coffee shops, tram stops just outside and flower market opposite. On arrival the staff were very friendly and helpful, offering to carry our bags (which I thought was very sweet). As we were celebrating my partners birthday and our recent engagement, they immediately made us feel special and even brought a little surprise to our room (wine and chocolate desert) which was delicious! The rooms were cute, modern and very clean. The bed was unbelievably comfortable (too comfortable as I cud have slept the whole holiday away haha). The Rain shower was lovely and the bathroom very clean and modern. The only down side was no aircon but we did have a good fan and with the windows open, it is bearable. Free Wifi and tea/coffee was a nice touch and a bottle of water in the room. Would definately recommend this hotel and would stay here again if we return to Amsterdam.

Thank you for making our stay special.

1 Thank jorip85
Schwetzingen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I saw the negative reviews but decided to stay here. My wife and I were very happy with the hotel and would plan on staying here again if we go back. The customer service was great, we could not print off our return train tickets so the front desk offered to print them off for us. The one negative, but turned out to be a positive was the breakfast is expensive and we found this amazing hole I the wall breakfast place. Although we did not eat at their resturant for dinner, our next trip we plan to it sounds like it will be amazing!
If you visit Amsterdam consider a stay here!

1 Thank TheTraveller1522
Zürich, Schweiz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

This wonderfull new design Hotel is locaded in the heart of amsterdam. The friendly and realy helpfull staff either at the bar, the restaurant and also at the reception makes your stay like feel at home from the 1st minute. i just can say good things about "The Albus" since i would book again a room there wile i be next time in Amsterdam.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Albushotel, Owner at The Albus, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Hello precious guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experiences. It's great to hear that our team has prooved its service skills and passion for hospitality during your stay!

We hope to welcome you back in The Albus soon!

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Two main points to be made:
1) The staff at this hotel are so rude and need some basic manners! The majority had such attitude and were very unhelpful.
2) We had a standard double room which was so small that it couldn't even fit a full double bed inside!
Certainly would not recommend this hotel, it's not even a good price!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Carly296
Albushotel, Manager at The Albus, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear guest,

I am sorry that our team has not has been albe to meet your expectations! I am very shocked by your comments, especially because we consider guest service in The Albus as one of our stronger values as you also may read in previous reviews on this website.

Therefore I urgently request you to e-mail me more details about your encounters with our staff on lisa@albushotel.com. We are always trying to improve where possible and in this case it would be very helpfull if you could provide me with some concrete examples to address the concerning staff members and take further actions where needed.

Again, I apoligize for your unpleasaent experience and I hope to get in touch soon!

lisa@albushotel.com
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

The simple fact the rooms have not A/C makes it a 3-star hotel to say the most.
Also, the beds are the worst I have ever experienced and who suffers from back-ache like myself should be staying well clear of this hotel or your back is going to be in pain for weeks after (and even during) your stay.
The bathroom looked quite old and would have needed to be freshened.

On the plus side;

The service was generally good to be honest, had a room that faced a loud street and was promptly changed upon request. Apart from that the staff were always willing to help and polite.

The breakfast was huge and good (though expensive)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Albushotel, Manager at The Albus, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear valuable guest,

Thank you very much for your nice compliments about our team and our Blissful Breakfast! Service is our main focus in The Albus and I am glad we have met your expectations!

On the other hand I am very sorry to read that you did not like our beds. Maybe this comes as a surprise to you, but most of our guests (including myself) do just love the matrasses which are made from special astronautes foam that forms to your own body shape. We also get a lot of requests from guests who want to purchase our extra big pillows or comfy bed linen!

I hope your back is doing better and I am thankful that you did mention the plus sides of your stay with us as well. And secretly I do hope to welcome you again in The Albus another time, although I am afraid we will keep the current high quality mattrasses for a while.

Honolulu
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I found the Albus on tripadvisor and stayed there. Let me stay the location is great and the hotel is not for older people like me. The hall-ways are dark when you get off the lift. A real modern look. Must have good eyes. Not enough good lighting and counter space in the bathrooms. We had 3 people. We moved from the front of the hotel to the back for 50Euro's more for a suite, it was worth it since the tram is right in font of the hotel. No A/C in the rooms The manager was wonderful and staff in getting us around town, tickets for boat tour. etc, just ask. Again, I want to thank the manager for moving us to the back of the hotel, out of street noise. There are a lot of places for breakfast under 20Euro's around the hotel. Starbucks is just a few short blocks away. Free coffee at the hotel. The rooms were clean and cleaning staff were helpful.. God attitude by all staff. I was there for 3 nights.

Room Tip: No bed bugs