I'm from australia and I haven't been to other hotels in amsterdam so I could be biased in my 3 star rating but here are the facts which no one can dispute:
1) Public wifi [i just think that anybody can just walk in and use the wifi scares me a bit in terms of security, I'd much prefer they give you a password]
2) 4 ipads in main lobby. [iPads? I'm sorry but i'm used to computers in hotels around the world.]
3) No proper food after 10pm [restaurant closes at 10pm, the hotel says there are snacks available but in fact none were. There are packet chips in the vending machine though. I ended up ordering delivery from outside and had to borrow a fork from the restaurant to take to my room.
4) 4 vending machines in the hotel lobby. [I'm sorry but I found this really amusing as it's the first time i've seen this in a hotel. Even backpacker hotels don't have this, but i suppose they do need this as there are no room service, after hours food as per my previous point.]
5) no facial tissue available in the room.
6) they only give you one access card to your room.
7) No peep hole on the door of your room
8) no food/drink in the fridge [which i don't ususally use anyway, but would have come handy on that night when i was desperate with jet lag. I suppose the more reason why they have vending machine.]
9) plaster disposable cups for toothbrushing [not a great problem and probably better as more hygenic but again i just find it amusing.
I will mention the positives:
1) mattress is very comfortable and firm. [I don't like soft beds]
2) the doona is really good [some hotels' doona are too hot and cold at the same time? due to the material ?polyester but this one is really good.
3) air-conditioning temperature is just right. Some hotels you can never find the just right temperature probably reflecting that the air is not evenly distributed, so there must be something about how the air circulates here.
4) Staff are friendly and nice but don't expect they will go out of their way to serve you. so no extra happy surprises. but i suppose that's just the dutch culture?
So to conclude it was a good practical stay with some of my "essentials" missing. I would fail this if this were in australia but as I said i don't know what the average is like in amsterdam so please just look at the facts i've described rather than my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa 400 is a unique brand new three star hotel in Amsterdam. The hotel offers many facilities for a pleasant stay. Service and hospitality are important factors at Hotel Casa 400 Amsterdam. You will feel more than welcome. All rooms are light and spacious and are equipped with free Wi-Fi, a flatscreen TV, a refrigerator and an en-suite bathroom. "Experience a reliable and creative hospitality at Hotel Casa 400!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Casa 400 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa 400 Amsterdam
- Casa 400 Hotel