1,686 results
All reviewsdam squarecentral stationgreat locationsingle roomquad roomwet roombreakfast was includedred light districtthree starluggage roomfive minute walkshort staytram stopclean hotelstayed here for nightssmall roomtea and coffee
Reviewed October 19, 2017

Location Rating - 5/5. It is bang right in the centre!

Hotel Ambience - For the Money we paid - 118 Euros/person/night on 3 Sharing - so total - 354 Euros - that's expensive right ? The Room quality - 2.5/5. The cots are bad and needs a makeover - Just couldn't sleep properly at all - I twisted my neck lol!
They make noise a grumping noise - Spring beds they are - so see the quality

Internet - 1.5/5. It goes on and off - on and off lol! No use.

Breakfast - 3.5/5 - Good Breakfast - Not tasty - but yeah - just to fill in. Standard stuff - Nothing great to mention about.

Staff courtesy - 4/5. Nothing to complain.

Parking - 3/5 - Expensive - 50 Euros/day - But thats the way it is in Amsterdam - Well Why I am rating 3 here is because the hotel can strike a deal for discounted parking. They haven't done that.

Value for Money - Overall Rating 2.5/5.

Will I stay here again - Most probably not.

Room Tip: Ask for better cots while checking in - If they are offering spring mattresses - dont take them! And ask for cheaper parking options.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Siddharth1982
AvenueHotelAMS, Front Office Manager at Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2017

Dear Siddharth1982,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. From this information we can learn and improve. We will definitely check the beds on the noise you are describing. Unfortunately parking is very expensive in Amsterdam and as we don't have an own parking space we are depending on the parking spots provided by the government and their prices. There is a variety, and a few possibilities to park your car for a better rate. Please if you visit Amsterdam again, contact me directly so I can inform you about the possibilities.

Reviewed October 19, 2017

We have spent a 5 night stay in this excellent hotel and have been very impressed. The bedroom and ensuite were spacious and well fitted, with plentiful hot water and comfortable bed and pillows. All the hotel staff were very professional friendly and efficient and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was great, a good selection of hot and cold food and drinks and plenty of it. Travel from the hotel was easy, with a tram stop not far outside the hotel doors and its position, close to the central station and all the amenities was perfect. Despite its central position, the rooms were remarkably quiet and we were not disturbed by noise inside or outside the hotel. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ceridale

Dear Mr. Ceridale,

Wow, thank you for this fantastic review! It is really nice to read that all our staff did their utmost best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Be assured these kind words will be shared with all the staff. I hope to welcome you back in the future!

Warm regards, Simone Pohl - de Ridder

Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location. Close to the train station and the main square and the shops.

The staff were very nice and very helpful.
The hotel itself is a bit grubby and could do with a fresh coat of paint if not a full refurb. The walls are all very stained and the carpets have seem better days.

The room was small, with no space to unpack any clothes so it was lucky I was only staying one night.

The room had a flat screen tv and free WiFi.

The bedding and walls all very stained.

The bathroom had a bath with over head shower. The bathroom is a decent size but could do with a revamp.

All in all a pleasant enough stay for one night but I wouldn’t stay here if I was planning a longer trip.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank calamitycastle

Dear Calamitycastle,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to read the state of room did not meet your expectations and was a bit small. Unfortunately due to the old building every room is unique and different is size. I would also like to let you know that we are busy renovating rooms, so I hope you would like to visit us again in the future and experience the new rooms.
Thank you for the nice comment about the staff, I will inform them about the compliment.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2017

We arrived 6 and a half hours later than expected due to our flight being cancelled and a bag missing as well, however, the staff at reception were very kind and helpful and even gave us a bottle of wine which was much appreciated!

The rooms are a little on the small side but they are very clean and the towels are changed daily. The location is excellent for getting about.

You can book tours through the hotel as well which we took advantage of and was a great price and easily done.

We thoroughly appreciated the little notes left in our room when we were out and were offered complimentary late check out which was lovely.

If I was returning to Amsterdam, I would not hesitate to stay at the Avenue Hotel again

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynette E

Dear Lynette E,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review! It is really good to hear you appreciate all the notes and services. I am glad you enjoyed our services and that we could book some tours for you.
Once again, I really appreciate this compliment, and I will share it with all the team members. I hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed October 9, 2017

I stayed at Avenue hotel Amsterdam with work for two nights, and several of us got bitten by bed bugs. We all stayed on different floors in the building, and the insects seem to be spread throughout the whole hotel. I would not recomend staying there, since the hotel staff seem to be aware of this problem (other people have reported it here at Tripadvisor and in Google maps reviews), but nothing seems to be done about it.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
5  Thank Sara P

Dear Sara,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Of course we were very shocked after your review and took immediate action. We have contacted the travel agent to get more information and let a professional company, specialized in these kind of unfortunate situations, check all the rooms.
We hope you will give us a second chance to restore your confidence in the Avenue Hotel. Please feel free to contact us directly when you are coming back to Amsterdam, so we can take care of everything.