1,688 results
All reviewsdam squarecentral stationgreat locationsingle roomquad roomwet roombreakfast was includedred light districtthree starluggage roomfive minute walkshort staytram stopclean hotelstayed here for nightssmall roomtea and coffee
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

I've traveled a ton and stayed in every type of accommodation you can think of. Holiday Inn Express, tents, hostels, 5-star hotels, etc. and this place was disgusting. I check into the hotel and my room isn't ready so they store my luggage, and the woman at the front desk was very helpful (one of the only reasons I didn't complain to the management). I come back much later to check in and I get to my room and there is a twin bed. It's just me so, okay, fine. The carpet is that industrial, ribbed and really tough on the feet. It's dark so I don't notice the cleanliness of it yet. I fall asleep and am woken up at 6:30 AM by someone loudly vomiting in the hallway outside my door. Sure that's not the hotel's fault but that gives you a sense of the crowd who is staying there. I then am trying to get some rest and at 9 AM am woken up again this time by the cleaning lady. Check out isn't until noon and I'm only (luckily) staying one night. Go away. Unable to go back to sleep, I hop into the shower. They have the classic all in one hair/hand/body wash stuff that is mounted to the wall. I'm happy to have warm water at this point. I get out and am drying off and realize I have hair that is not mine on me. I gave a blonde bob and there is a very long black, curly hair and a very short black hair on my shoulder and hand. I don't even want to guess where that came from. I then get the chance to look at carpet that's digging into my feet and realize there's all sorts of "treasures" stuck in between the ribs in the carpet (thinks: get me out of here!!). It's thankfully check out time and I don't want to get charged any hidden fees for not officially checking out so I go to the front desk and stand there for what feels like forever to have them process the credit cards of the other guests. For the like $250/night I paid I would expect much more. This is more like a 1-2 "star" hotel. Only good part is that it is conveniently located. Good luck.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kristen J
AvenueHotelAMS, Guest Relations Manager at Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2017

Dear guest,

It saddens us that we cannot make your stay more enjoyable at the time we are writing this review. Please do contact us during (or before) your stay for any neccesity or preferences as we have many options available to meet different type of guest preferences.

Your feedback is valuable for our staff to reflect and improve.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

With kind regards,
Team Avenue

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

I booked this with my family thinking it would be expensive since it's inner city and all, but the Avenue Hotel in Amsterdam starts at a decent price and has wonderful service, a 24 hour front desk, included breakfast (average), and nice rooms. I stayed in one overlooking a main street, which includes the transit system and older buildings across the way. In the daytime it's really enjoyable just to open the window and take a look outside at the people, since it's often busy. The location is good, since you can either hop on the train with a day pass or walk to most central places. I liked being able to go to restaurants and other attractions on foot since it doesn't cost money, and nothing is too far away.
Overall, the stay was good considering how small the building looked from the entrance

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank ailarivera
AvenueHotelAMS, Front Office Manager at Avenue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2017

Good afternoon,

We appreciate your kind feedback!.
Our building is from the old VOC times, used to be a warehouse.
We are as well very glad with the location we are in.
Thank you for your stay and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 19, 2017

The hotel met our needs, it located close to the dam square, the red light district and the central station.
The breakfast was very good.
The reception staff was helpful.
We took a room in the fifth floor, it was basic room and very small, but it didn't bother us because we spent all our time outside, but if you plan to stay more time in the hotel room you should ask for bigger room.

Room Tip: ask for higher floors, but be aware that the 5th and 6th floors are accessible just by one elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wassem G

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your kind review.
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope we can welcome you again in the future.

kind regards,

Reviewed July 17, 2017

The rooms are really small, but the hotel is on really good location. You are in city center and you can walk form hotel to city center, which is really nice. The breakfast was ok, but it is everything very small in this hotel so when you eat breakfast, you sit less than 0,5m away from other guest.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vasja I

Dear Vasja,

Your kind review is much appreciated.

We are glad to hear that you had a great stay in our hotel.

We are continuously looking for improvement in our service. We are looking forward to present you a improved breakfast during your next trip in Amsterdam.

Once again, thank you!

With kind regards,
Team Avenue Hotel

Reviewed July 11, 2017

We needed to make one last-minute reservation near the central station and this venue had vacancies so we took it for a night. It's a bit overpriced overall: It is on a non-scenic busy street, the wifi in our 3rd floor room only worked if you sat right by the door, and our room didn't cool evenly, with the two loft beds being a bit warm, and the bathroom smelled of pea. It had a full breakfast, but the quality was only so-so. So I wouldn't recommend it unless it's all that's left. Go to Hotel Aalders, where we stayed for the rest of our trip, instead.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 311, which has no working wifi except by the door
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family