“Good price, Great area, very good hotel!”
Review of Avenue Hotel

Avenue Hotel
Ranked #167 of 365 Hotels in Amsterdam
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Good price, Great area, very good hotel!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Always a little apprehensive turning up at your hotel, but we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is 10 minutes walk from the Main station and Dam Square. The hotel was clean and the rooms fairly large for a twin/dbl room. Everything was spot on about the rooms, the hotel receptionist was polite as were other hotel staff.
We didn't make breakfast the days we were there, but even if like us you did miss them then there is plenty of places to get food in the area.
It took us about 25 minutes to walk to the Zoo, worth a visit and the Museum area. The Red Light area is a leisurely 10 minute walk. So if you want value, location and clean comfy rooms then go with this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank KKeeley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Located right in centre, only 5 min walk from central station and 5 mins from dam square. Staff were very friendly, free wi-fi. Found room to be clean and tidy, reasonable size, unfortunately it didn't have tea making facilities and room was reasonably basic but for the money I paid I can hardly complain. Breakfast left a little to be desired being pretty basic and buffet style, nevertheless perfectly adequate. Read in some reviews it could b noisy but we stayed on 1st floor overlooking main road and had no issue with noise. room had fantastic aircon. Most definitely will be staying again, perfect place 2 spend a weekend in Amsterdam

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Sadie T
ayrshire
Reviewed June 14, 2013

slightly shabby but clean double room. good breakfast. overall good budget hotel for base.not for the romantics.plenty of bars restaurants in immediate vicinity. staff were polite and asked ll questions. luggage storage facility was a bonus

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anonymusAyrshire
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I don't know where to begin:

1)When I checked in I was told that I got twin beds (2 beds), I asked if I can get queen size bed (1 big bed) as a solo traveler and the answer was no.
2)During my first breakfast at the hotel, one of the staff members has shouted at me in front of all the people, because I moved my table 30 cm away from other tables, so I can sit comfortable, I am 1.90 m. For 3-4 minutes she didn't stop angry at me, although I did not understand what I did wrong. When I complained about the embarrassment that this lady did to me, nobody really noticed me.
3)The shower in the room was really bad, every shower was accompanied by flooding of all the shower room (3-4 cm, high).
3)For 3 nights I had leak from the air conditioner in the room (202), the noise of the leaking water was really depressive, in addition the carpet was all wet.
4)The hotel acoustics is terrible, you can hear everything from the rooms next to you.

I turned to the reception about the above and nobody did anything.

I don't recommend to stay in this hotel, I travel every month to Amsterdam on business for the past 6 years and I have to say that I never experienced such a bad hotel.

Room Tip: Not to book a room in this hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Assaf O

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was in a very good location, a 2 minute walk to the tram, metro or train, and a 10 minute walk to Dam square. The room was small without much storage space for bags or clothes, but it was clean and had everything we needed. The breakfast was good, and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this to people who DO NOT EXPECT anything close to the Hilton and are willing to get by on just the basics for a great price! I do recommend requesting a room with a bathtub/shower. Our first room only had a shower, and it flooded the bathroom! When I asked for a different room, they said they were all made like that except those with a tub, and they offered to move us. The new room had less storage, but was nicer and didn't flood the bathroom.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kristi L
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was slightly disappointed when I saw the room, it was very basic, no tea and coffee making facilities in the room but it was very clean. We were given twin beds pushed together rather than a double bed which is a bit uncomfortable but overall this is a good hotel. Staff are very friendly and there is a luggage storage room which is great. Breakfast was good, a great variety on offer. Location is amazing, 5mins to the station and walking distance to the centre. Overall it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple