1,688 results
All reviewsdam squarecentral stationgreat locationsingle roomquad roomwet roombreakfast was includedred light districtthree starluggage roomfive minute walkshort staytram stopclean hotelstayed here for nightssmall roomtea and coffee
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed in this hotel one night as meeting a friend. Conveniently located near to central station and so for parking your car there - 5 min walk. You are in the centre here where many things are walkable, but not too noisy outside like other hotels. This hotel is average however. You get what you pay for - though I saw some crazy prices. Small, dark rooms (at least mine). Noisy airco from the bathroom - it wouldn't go out so I had to pull out the electronic keycard that instantly turns all electricity off. A bit noisy - you hear other people walking around. Had an annoying loud grating sound (coffee grounder type of noise) that went off for a few seconds every couple of hours that spoilt my sleep. Goodness knows what it was. The breakfast was mediocre but doable. Front desk pleasant enough. I couldn't use the free wi-fi as noone gave me the passcode and the phone didn't work so I couldn't call reception. If you stay here -ask for the WiFi passcode upfront.
Not sure if I'd stay again - I certainly would not with my family.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 209.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MAE2
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Booked to stay for my husbands birthday for the weekend. Great location, lovely clean rooms and quiet even though on a main street. Staff were friendly and very helpful when we had a leak in our room, which was dealt with quickly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha M
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The hotel is so well situated and is a short walk from Central Station, so right in the thick of this fantastic but very expensive city.. I got what i would call a great deal on this hotel from one of the internet comparison sights but still very expensive in comparison to other equally nice spots in Europe. I am not sure now that if you book on line and pay up front and get a deal that you get the least desireable room in the house!!

Some other reviewers are talking about new wet rooms and great beds and furniture??.. Well i can say, the room we were allocated was extremely poor with thread bare carpets (room 309) and the beds were not stable. The furniture was old in need of replacing. The bathroom was a revelation!!!.. The toilet pan is fixed to the wall, directly behind the door. This stops you from opening the door more than half way?... The was no toiletries at all. The drinking glasses were plastic and one was cracked and this resulted in me cutting my mouth on the edge... and i was only in the room 10 mins!! The grouting in the bathroom was stained and needed replacing... There is no tea and coffee in the room and no stationery or even a pen..... The breakfast was average and check out/in was uneventfull..... We stayed two nights and that was enough....

Room Tip: Ask for a room which is one of the ones which have been upgraded and have a bathroom where the door opens all the way!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank marrmrrs
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in June whilst on a 3 day visit to Amsterdam. We were looking for somewhere in close proximity to the city centre attractions without being too close to the action! This hotel was perfect, it is literally a two minute walk from the main strip, and a steady 10 minute walk from the train station (once you have managed to find your bearings). Not the cheapest of accomodation if just looking for somewhere to crash at the end of the day, we couldnt help but feel the price was due to the appearnce of the hotel, as the room we used was only what you would expect from a Travel Inn or smilar, the room was clean and tidy and offered everything we were looking for. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast offered each morning was of good quality and really helped set us up for another intense day of ambling and grazing around Amsterdam. Would definately recommend to anyone wanting a bit of class whilst staying in this wonderful city.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Excellent location just up the road from Central Station. Room small but spotless, looked like brand new wet room and had air conditioning which was needed. No tea/coffee facilities in room but machine available in reception. Good breakfast choice. Great location for sightseeing and restaurants. Reception staff helpful and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple