1,687 results
All reviewsdam squarecentral stationgreat locationsingle roomquad roomwet roombreakfast was includedred light districtthree starluggage roomfive minute walkshort staytram stopclean hotelstayed here for nightssmall roomtea and coffee
Reviewed May 15, 2012

It appears that your experience really depends on which room you stay in. Mine was the first floor located directly next to the lobby. In fact, it was the only room on that floor! However, it was HUGE. I didn't pay any extra or request the room, just got lucky I suppose. I found the breakfast to be very good. The location is outstanding with most popular sites just a walk away. I would happily stay there again.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DLTravelerTexas
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Ok not the best title choice maybe,but It been could have been worse.Ok agree with all the reveiws who went on about the great location,in my opinion thats all its got going for it.Our family booked this last Chritmas,a three day break for my wife and myself.We should have seen the warning signs
,when on arrival,we were asked, if we would like to pay an extra 50 euros for a bigger room.I asked to see both rooms but was informed none were ready.after an hour we were given the room we were allocated originally.the choice of an upgrade vanished.Anyway ive been in bigger prison cells,only joking, however at approximately 4metres by 3 metres.they must run the local nick close.Ive never stayed in a room this small.Breakfast was adequate, nothing special.There were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room surely a basic requirement for a supposed 3 star.The toiled stank from the drain in the floor.As another reviewer commented the loo was tiny,probably about 4 foot by 4 foot.I know most folk would say the rooms only for sleeping in but hey this place aint cheap.No sorry never again.Definately not my cup of tea.

Room Tip: If you do book this HOTEL insist on a decent size room,after all the rates being charged should get you at least that.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kenyabobby
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed last Christmas so I knew it was a safe bet. It's clean and well situated: very close to the station and the Dam Square area. The breakfast is excellent - plenty of variety and well presented. My only gripe is the temperature of the rooms: ours on the first floor was way too hot. All in all though, would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joy A
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Second time we have stayed here as it is ideally located 5 minutes away from Dam square. Rooms could be better for the price but we knew what to expect from our first visit.

Breakfast is included and is ok. Plenty to choose from. Fee wifi which is a bonus only if you are on 1st floor as the 1st visit we where on floor 4 and wifi wasn't available.

overall a nice stay. Amsterdam is a first class location for a fun weekend.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Small and well run hotell in the centre of Amsterdam. A strait 3-star hotell with surprisingly large rooms. An OK place to stay for some days.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple