Title expresses how I feel about the hotel but I acknowledge this is slightly unfair.
Wasn't sure what to expect as this was booked on spec (& Trip Advisor recommendation) due to lack of availability at hotels recommended.
Not your standard chain fare - no restaurant on site (italian around the corner apparently), bar snacks (including a mean croque monsieur with ketchup) available.
At 10pm anything was better than going out to eat & toasted sandwich more than filled the hole.
Room was also not standard chain format - laminate flooring & a wardrobe clearly not constructed to accommodate the width of a normal hanger width meant that unpacking felt like a noisy and uncomfortable affair.
Maybe I am too concerned at next door neighbours but echoing in room due to lack of carpeting made me feel uncomfortable - others may not feel so worried.
That being said I had no real complaints although I was glad that I had set an alternative alarm as the requested wake up call did not materialise.
Other than this can't really fault, 230 Euros for the room seemed a bit steep but if demand exceeds supply then one has to pay the going rate.
In conclusion - not my cup of tea but perfectly acceptable - not convinced I would stay here if there was an alternative but would consider as I had no real complaints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This classic four-star boutique hotel is housed at one of the most beautiful avenues of Southern Amsterdam and has a distinct personal service and impeccably designed interior. The houses at this avenue were constructed around 1920 in the Amsterdam School of Architecture style. The hotel consists of 40 smoke-free rooms, a breakfast room, romantic interior garden with Orangery, a pleasant Library Bar & Lounge, Boardroom and a small Theater. All rooms are equipped with a private bath/shower, toilet, TV- film channel, mini bar, coffee and tea facilities, safe and free internet access. The Apollofirst is near Museum Square, with the Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum and Stedelijk Museum, the Vondelpark and the Leidseplein square with many theaters, bars and restaurants. The tram stop is a 3-minute walk away and offers a direct connection to the city center, the Central Train Station and the World Trade Center. Around the corner of the hotel, you will find the Beethoven Street, to shop, wine and dine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Apollofirst boutique hotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apollofirst - Hampshire Classic Hotel Amsterdam
- Apollofirst Hotel Amsterdam