I wanted to be in a quiet neighborhood, but still convenient ( especially since I would have a bike ). This hotel was elegant. I would certainly return.
Was 20-25 minutes on the tram from rail station - then 2 minutes to door step
Rented a bike and loved that - but takes GREAT CARE - with cars, trams, metal rails, pedestrians and getting lost all factoring ( It is REALLY easy to get lost in Amsterdam - gotta make that part of the experience - but make sure to have a good map ).
Pauline at the desk was lovely and very helpful at arrival and check out.
Room facing the boulevard was simply comfy. Wi-fi was slow ( even the pay high speed ). Some bulbs were burn out - hotel should check this daily. All that being said, I really liked this place for it's class, comfort, quietness, but easy access to museum district. If you want the high life, stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This classic four-star boutique hotel is housed at one of the most beautiful avenues of Southern Amsterdam and has a distinct personal service and impeccably designed interior. The houses at this avenue were constructed around 1920 in the Amsterdam School of Architecture style. The hotel consists of 40 smoke-free rooms, a breakfast room, romantic interior garden with Orangery, a pleasant Library Bar & Lounge, Boardroom and a small Theater. All rooms are equipped with a private bath/shower, toilet, TV- film channel, mini bar, coffee and tea facilities, safe and free internet access. The Apollofirst is near Museum Square, with the Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum and Stedelijk Museum, the Vondelpark and the Leidseplein square with many theaters, bars and restaurants. The tram stop is a 3-minute walk away and offers a direct connection to the city center, the Central Train Station and the World Trade Center. Around the corner of the hotel, you will find the Beethoven Street, to shop, wine and dine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Apollofirst boutique hotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apollofirst - Hampshire Classic Hotel Amsterdam
- Apollofirst Hotel Amsterdam