This is a small, boutique hotel with an art deco/retro feel and a beautifully decorated breakfast room and bar. The hotel is located in a nice residential area about 5 mins walk from Vondelpark and close to a tram line (60 seconds walk) that runs right into the city without having to change. The hotel is also just under 15 mins walk to Olympic Stadium.
The breakfast was excellent and served well by a waiter.
Service is generally friendly and professional. My room was a double and whilst not large was perfectly adequate and quiet. The bed is very comfortable.
My only issues with the hotel were that the room did not have a shower; just a bath and shower extension that would not work. Also this hotel is a theatre as well which sounds interesting (and is) but if a show is on, and you fancy sitting in the bar for a drink or meal, this prevents doing so.
My view was that the price charged for the hotel was a bargain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This classic four-star boutique hotel is housed at one of the most beautiful avenues of Southern Amsterdam and has a distinct personal service and impeccably designed interior. The houses at this avenue were constructed around 1920 in the Amsterdam School of Architecture style. The hotel consists of 40 smoke-free rooms, a breakfast room, romantic interior garden with Orangery, a pleasant Library Bar & Lounge, Boardroom and a small Theater. All rooms are equipped with a private bath/shower, toilet, TV- film channel, mini bar, coffee and tea facilities, safe and free internet access. The Apollofirst is near Museum Square, with the Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum and Stedelijk Museum, the Vondelpark and the Leidseplein square with many theaters, bars and restaurants. The tram stop is a 3-minute walk away and offers a direct connection to the city center, the Central Train Station and the World Trade Center. Around the corner of the hotel, you will find the Beethoven Street, to shop, wine and dine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Apollofirst boutique hotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apollofirst - Hampshire Classic Hotel Amsterdam
- Apollofirst Hotel Amsterdam