“Nice pub, descent pub fare, great spot to hang out and pass the time”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Pub Leidseplein

Le Pub Leidseplein
Ranked #1,468 of 3,750 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Bar, European, Pub, Dutch
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Le Pub is the place to be to relax from the busy streets of Amsterdam, right here on the Leidseplein! Situated on the bustling center of Amsterdam, Le Pub will give you a warm welcome and a refreshing drink. So whether you were shopping, visiting museums, just strolling around town or still on your way to do all that, come to Le Pub and we will attend to all your needs. Our menu is made to relax at any time or day. In the morning you could sit down for coffee and breakfast and even some freshly squeezed orange juice. For dinner we can serve you a proper meal, combined with a glass from our extensive wine collection or from our selection of Belgian beers. If you are looking for just a snack and a drink - or just a drink on its own! - We have a number of small snacks and platters for you to enjoy. You could also go for a fancy cocktail or an exclusive gin and tonic, all superbly prepared by our staff. Our venue on the Leidseplein is perfect for any time of the year. In the summertime we have an outside terrace for food and for drinks till late at night. Our inside bar is just as cozy as our terrace and perfect for having a drink and a bite with your friends at a table or at the bar. During the winter our bar is all the more cozy and provides a warm haven from the cold outside streets. You could even check out our upstairs bar for an even warmer feel than anyone could expect. So whether it's summer or winter, day or night and if you are just here for a drink or some food as well, Le Pub Leidseplein is the perfect place for you, right here in the center of Amsterdam!
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice pub, descent pub fare, great spot to hang out and pass the time”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stopped in to grab a bite and get out of the rain. Ended up spending about 2 hours there, drinking some nice beer and watching the crowd. Food came very quick, was simple but tasty. The service was friendly but slow. Very dutch and nothing to cause someone to get bent out of shape. The view is great, music nice, and on sunny or warm days an amazing day hang out and people watch. Great location, easy to find, and easy to get up and go to other great spots in the city.

• Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Al Fresco Breakfast at Le Pub”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

It was a little chilly but we had to ask for blankets and the heaters were not the best. Scrambled egg on toast was ok, but we had better elsewhere for a lot less than we paid on this occasion. Ok, in Leiseplein you pay extra to eat AND watch the world go by but it was not a great, value for money experience I'm afraid.

• Visited March 2013
Rio de Janeiro
“I'll be treated like an animal”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Unbelievable. This word describe my experience in this place.

I was with a group and we've decided go to this "restaurant" - The steak house on the 3º flor. Inside of them, some people didn't liked of the menu items and we've decided go to another place. I couldn't believe in that I heard... the "manager" told us that we had to look the menu before to enter, on the streets (the temperature outside was around -3)... furthermore, he told us to didn't touch the elevator buttons (!!!!??!) saying in a really rude way.

It was my 4th trip in Amsterdam and, I know that it isn't a characteristic of the city. But it was the first time of 3 people in my group... and this man did a good job destroying the first night in the city of them.

I've visited more than 10 countries and close to 90 cities and I never had seen something like it. It was the worst! Definitively I never will go back to this place indeed.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Raphacrerie
London, United Kingdom
“Food was fair”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The service in this pub was a little slow, but it was also very busy. The burger that I ate was not great, but the frites (chips) were good. I tried to pick something that was not spicy, but somehow must have misread. The price was very reasonable considering I found Amsterdam to be quite expensive.

• Visited November 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

After wandering around looking for a place to eat, my husband and I walked into Le Pub. We were asked if we wanted the pub section or the upstairs restaurant. We opted for upstairs and were put in an elevator. The elevator ride was a little slow, but when the doors opened we were in a cozy room with a limited number of tables and a great view of the square below. The atmosphere was great and the food was too. We both enjoyed our meals and the cost was very reasonable. Europe is very expensive, but we felt we got good value for money at this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012