“Amazing tour and informative guide!!”

Omy Amsterdam Tours
Ranked #7 of 58 Food & Drink in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Omy Amsterdam Tours conducts tours of 4 to 6 people daily in Amsterdam. Larger groups are accepted by appointment. Small groups allow us to cater to your needs and to show you the real area. As a local business we like to show other local places where mainstream tours cannot. Small groups of 4 to 6 people allow us to show you more. Tours are flexible to your needs and the circumstance of the day. We conduct daily tours of groups of 4 people maximum: - Amsterdam history tours - Amsterdam Food Tours - Beer Tours of Amsterdam Omy Amsterdam Tours believe that exploring the Old City Centre on foot is the best way to see Amsterdam. What better experience of the Netherlands can you take back home?
Johannesburg, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing tour and informative guide!!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We combined the City Centre Tour and Coffee Shop Tour into one tour due to our limited number of days in Amsterdam. The office gave us a very good rate because we were all students, and the 4 of us had a private tour.

Our guide, Michael, met us at our hotel and was fascinating to listen to from the very beginning. Michael was very knowledgeable and could answer any questions that we asked.
We learnt and saw a lot more on this tour than we would have with any of the bigger, more commercialised tours.
During the tour, Michael took us past some of his local 'hangouts', which we really appreciated and visited again after the tour as well.
Our tour was only meant to last 3 hours, but when Michael found out that we had nothing else planned that day, he took 2 more hours out of his time to give us a more personalised tour.

I would recommend OMY Amsterdam tours to everyone who visits Amsterdam, and will definitely take another tour next time I am in Amsterdam.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Steff_Ryn

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience all in all. The whole team behind it was great!!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Took two tours with only Amsterdam. They were both exceptional took the walking tour in the day with Heidi, she was very informed and obviously really enjoyed working for the company. Then did the red light tour with Michael who was exceptional with his knowledge of the are and finding out that he lives very locally really showed!! Must do on your trip through the dam very knowledgeable and well run company. Kieran was extremely helpful in the office as well!! Thanks to you all!

1 Thank Ridedawalrus
Melbourne, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Another fantastic tour that shouldn't be missed!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Went for the Red Light District tour with Michael. He was highly informative, friendly and flexible. Great way to have a guide and learn about the history/quirks about the district, rather than walking around aimlessly. Thank you, Michael!

Uxbridge, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Tour”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I found myself alone in Amsterdam for an afternoon so I decided to book a private walking tour with Omy Amsterdam Tours. I'm glad I did. I had a wonderful afternoon! Booking the tour was very easy and the communication was excellent. A few days before the tour I was asked what I wanted to see and learn. I got exactly what I was looking for and more. My guide, Michael, was very personable, professional, engaging and knowledgeable. I learned a little about the city and its history, got a dose of culture by visiting some historical buildings and Rembrandt House museum (entry fees included in tour price), but more importantly learned of a few local drink and coffee shop locations. We even managed to quench my thirst with a couple beers along the way. The tour lasted over four hours but it was never dull. Time flew.

I highly recommend this company and Michael.

Visited November 2012
Omyamsterdamtours, Manager at Omy Amsterdam Tours, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for your review of your Private Tour with OMY. Assisting individuals whom have a break in their work schedule to explore Amsterdam is one of our favorite tours.

You were clear on what you wanted and then we added to that brief. Along the way you explored Amsterdam like a local and met locals in their own environment. We hope the follow up email with places you liked assisted you with your 1 day return to Amsterdam before your safe return to Canada. It was a pleasure to lead you on your exploration of Amsterdam.

From your guide and the OMY Team we wish you, your family and friends Season Greetings and a Great 2013.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Raised the bar for tours”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I took two tours through this company. One was the overview of Amsterdam with Mason and he did a great job of taking us through the city. The second tour(Red Light district) was with Michael and he raised the bar. He knows a lot about the city and went back into the city's history and explained why things were they way they were. It makes you realize that Amsterdam is so much more than sex and drugs and the dutch were mastermind social policy planners. During the tour, we also stopped at bars in the alley ways where locals hung out, away from the super touristy streets. The experience was phenomenal and I highly recommend this company. I kept looking for the same experience in other cities that I went to after Amsterdam(Paris, Venice, Milan etc) but no company came close!

Visited October 2012
Omyamsterdamtours, Manager at Omy Amsterdam Tours, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your review. Amsterdam is small city and the best local places are small and comfortable. OMY Amsterdam walking tours believes visitors' best experience Amsterdam in small intimate groups. This way you get to see the city that we love the way we love Amsterdam.

Due to your feedback and others we now limit our Red Light Tour groups to 4 people.

If bookings are more than 4 people we have multiple guides available. If guests have a group of 4 or greater then you will have your own guide.

Thank you for your feedback. It is valuable. If you do come across any other similar small group sightseeing companies like OMY Amsterdam Tours please let us know.