“Excellent Meal and a great view.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bord'Eau

Bord'Eau
Ranked #22 of 3,332 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French, Dutch, International, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Description: Two Michelin stars awarded Bord'Eau offers a culinary adventure directed by Executive Chef Richard van Oostenbrugge and Sous Chef Thomas Groot. Exceptional ingredients are blended to create symphonies of flavour, all complemented by the finest wines from around the globe. The intimacy of the salon-like setting, the classical simplicity of the decor and the grace and attentiveness of the service suggest high style and privilege overlooking the Amstel River.
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Meal and a great view.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I arrived into Amsterdam checked into my Hotel and headed straight over to Bord'Eau for my reservation. The entrance is a little tucked away but as I was wondering through the Hotel foyer looking lost one of the Restaurant staff came up and helped me to the restaurant. I had a table right near the window with an excellent view of the Canal and the vibrant life of Amsterdam.

I chose the tasting menu with matching wines and after a number of Amuse it was time to take the culinary journey. The service was very good, and even though the restaurant has 2 Stars it was relaxed and enjoyable. The food was excellent and each course matched well with the wine. Overall I can happily recommend this restaurant for its great location, good staff and excellent food.

• Visited March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tampere, Finland
“Splendid food adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Service excellent. Manu extra dishes in six meal menu. Shellfish eas propably the best meal I've ever had. Only the duck was slightly stuffy.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ali L
“Good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We had long business dinner at restaurant. Food was good, service was excelent and bonus was about five extra dishies in six course menu.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jyri J
“Amazing world-class creativity ✨”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Set in a beautiful dining room overlooking the Amstel, if you wish to catch a future world-renowned chef before he has attained the pinnacle of fame with prices to match, this is the time to go!

A full stunningly beautiful and creative degustation lunch-time menu, with every single dish being a visual treat and taste sensation, was extraordinarily-priced for such a level of cuisine. A young extremely knowledgable sommelier happily guided us through hidden undiscovered gems on the wine-list each bubbling with character and a distinctive twist.

When I went this was a 1-star restaurant; now it's a 2-star. The third star can not be far away. Hurry while the prices are still so reasonable. Well worth a detour. ❤️

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Very disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I thin perhaps we ate here on a bad night but we were left extremely underwhelmed by this restaurant and I would go as far as to say that it was the worst Michelin star meal I have ever had.
We ate on an evening where it was quite quiet, but despite it being mostly empty we were sat next to a table of exremely loud and obnoxious busines men.
The previous night we had eaten in Ciel Bleu, and I think this also tainted Bord'eau as Ciel Bleu was really fantastic.
The amuse bouches were OK, nothing incredible. I don't acually remember my starter but unfortunately I do remember the main and the dessert. We both had lamb as our main, what a mistake. The lamb was not tender, and it really didn't taste right at all, it just really wasn't good.
Then came the dessert which was some kind of overly complicated huge chocolate dome (so much chocolate!), two waitresses brought it over and then attempted to go for the big revel where they poured some kind of hot sauce over the dome and it was meant to break and fall open to revel the insides. However, this didn't work, and after lots of giggling from the staff, they had to break it for me explaining that it doesn't always work.
Anyway, it was an expensive meal which was not at all worth the money. I would not recommend anyone to go to this restaurant only becuase there are other restaurants in the city where you can spend the same and get a much better all round experience. Try Ciel Bleu or La Reve.

• Visited November 2013