We stayed in the Ibis Stopera for a combined meeting and couples weekend in Amsterdam and were quite disappointed. The hotel is very basic and was not enjoyable place to return to after a day of fun in Amsterdam.
The location is not ideal - there are plenty of better options in multiple locations that beat this hands down.
The room was tiny and we found it challenging for 2 people - perhaps only 1 person would have faired better.
There was only a tiny open "closet" - we had to leave our suitcases on the floor opened as there was no place to put the rest of our clothes.
The bathroom was a disaster - felt like a cruise ship or boat, tiny and uncomfortable. Also had the telltale sign combination soap/shampoo/everything wash in the bottle - never good!
Had terrible coffee!!!
Extremely noisy every morning.
I had a simple request (I thought) to get an extra pillow that was denied as they "had no extra pillows" - really? in the whole hotel?
Finally, this was not close to the convention center, so really no benefit from the meeting standpoint.
In short - there are better options no matter what your trip entails.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Amsterdam City Stopera hotel is ideally located in the city centre, a few minutes from the Stopera Opera House, Dam Square, Rembrandtplein and Waterlooplein. Easily accessible by public transport or by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, ACCOR, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Amsterdam City Stopera Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam City Stopera