“Good Hotel close to city center”

Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera
Ranked #117 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 20, 2013

For one more time I trusted the IBIS hotels because I know what to expect wherever I am. I stayed in Amsterdam for leisure for 2 days. I arrived late at night to the hotel so I took a taxi from the airport, it wasn't the most economical solution but I didn't want to take the train going somewhere where I haven't been. As I found out later it is a 15 minute walk from Amsterdam Central station to the hotel. The hotel is within walking distance to the center. I didn't have the time to go beyond Amsterdam so for people who want to visit the city center this hotel is very good. The rooms are normal size, with confortable beds and a fair sized bathroom. The towels were changed everyday and overall the room was clean. The only thing I don't understand is why the IBIS hotels do not have a refridgerator and/or mini-bar in the room. It's strange and it could be helpful.
The breakfast was complete you could find anything you wanted and nothing seemed to be missing. I had a full breakfast and both days and didn't regret to eat in the hotel.
The only thing that could be better would be the price, but I also understand that at the period I went it was a busy period since it was during Europa League Final which took place in Amsterdam. I would recommend this hotel to all who want to visit Amsterdam.
All staff was polite and friendly, and even when I asked to switch my room (first room smelled smoke inside although all rooms are non-smoking) I did not have any problems.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
IbisStopera, General Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to IBIS Amsterdam City Stoepra. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the refridgerator. Kind regards, Peter Holierook.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Warm welcome from the staff and ibis is really good at maintaining standard of their hotels.
Nice and clean room with a relatively big shower area, made the night more enjoyable.
Thank you for lending the adaptors to us whose mobile is totally out of battery.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for your compliments and kind comments. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay. Hope to be able to welcome you during your next stay. Kind regards, Peter Holierook

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Our short stay (5 nights) in this hotel was really pleasent. In my room I didn't hear any outside noises. The view from room's window was very nice - the canal and beautiful traditional houses.
The room was clean and looked good. The staff was friendly to us. We had free wi-fi as well.
The hotel is located on a very quiet street (but there were no any places to eat nearby except the hotel restaurant).
Minor imperfections:
the bathroow is quit noisy, if your roommate takes shower you can't sleep.
the breakfast for 16 euro was also a bit disappointing

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisStopera, General Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experiences during your visit to IBIS Amsterdam City Stopera. It pleasant to read that you have loved your stay in Amsterdam. The remark you have made concerning the bathroom makes it possible to improve even more. Thank you again and hope to welcome you again during your next visit. Kind regards, Peter Holierook

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights from 08/05/13 to 10/05/13.
We travelled on the 'Dutch Flyer' (Stena Line Ferry), which got us to Amsterdam early morning 08/05/13. Chanced our arm and were able to check in without any fuss at 11 am. Great room overlooking the canal to the rear of the hotel (ask for canal view when you arrive).
Staff very helpful and polite at the front desk.
We found the breakfast on both days to be a bit of a free-for-all, which was irritating first thing in the morning. Also MUST ADD MUSHROOMS AND BACON to the breakfast choices. Some of the food selection was unexpected. When in rome.......
Hotel is ideally situated for a short walk to all the main sites of Amsterdam. However the week we visited the Tram line wasn't operating that drops you near the hotel so beware unexpected trips to unplanned destinations if you use! T.b.h it was easier to walk in most cases anyway.
When we checked out we were allowed to leave our cases in the hotels secure room, which gave us an extra day in the city, as we weren't leaving until the evening. Saved us dragging our luggage around all day.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay at this Ibis Hotel. It's no frills but clean, comfortable and convenient. Tea & Coffee making facilities and the choice of a mini bar are the only recommendations.
Give it a try.
Thanks to the team at Ibis City Stopera. Excellent Job.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Klubfoot
IbisStopera, General Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind remarks. It is a plaasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay. Hope to welcome you again during your next visit. Kind regards, Peter Holierook

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel as part of a mini-cruise out of Newcastle. Hotel staff polite and helpful. Room clean, neat and very comfy. Bath room well appointed with a good shower. My only comment here would be there should be some grab handles in shower - I have balance problems and felt very unsteady.

No mirror in bedroom for makeup etc. Only mirror in bathroom near hairdryer is excellent but with limited mobility this was not easy.

Location - very good a short stroll into Waterlooplien (even for me) and thence into Amsterdam.

Breakfast was very busy but had everything you would want - the croissants were warm and very good. The only downer was not of hotel's making was some of the GUESTS did not clear there trays away so limiting the table availability - staff got round as quickly as possible but is it really too much to move a tray to a trolley?

Secure left luggage area which was a real bonus. We were allowed into our room at 11 am even though check up was 2pm.

Would say this is a good place to stay. Area is not too attractive but at least it is convenient.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a mirror if you want to do your hair/makeup at the dressing table.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to IBIS Amsterdam Centre Stopera. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the facilities in the room. Do not hessitate to inform us on forehand. We do have some rooms which will fit your requirements. Hope to see you during your next visit to Amsterdm. Kind regards, Peter Holierook.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I booked this hotel after researching its location in Amsterdam. I presumed that as part of the Accor group, it would be clean, modern and basic but not too pricey. This was spot on. Only downside was no kettle or drinks facilities in the room.

Room Tip: Back of hotel overlooks the canal; Front overlooks the street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you have a good stay with us. Concerning your remark about a kettle I can inform you that as of July some rooms will be equipped with Coffee & Tea facilities which will make your next stay even a more enjoyable one. See you on your next trip. Kind regards, Peter Holierook

Reviewed May 10, 2013

What can I say, from start to finish a truly amazing experience, the hotel was friendly clean and accommodating and when booked through the tremendous Stokesy Travel the whole event was incredible,the only downside is having to wait for the next tour

• Stayed: May 2013

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at IBIS Amsterdam Centre Stopera, I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Peter Holierook