“7th anniversary!!! ”

Ibis Amsterdam Centre
Ranked #145 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Room is tight squeeze but very nice hotel n good breakfast!! Enjoyed my 1 night stay for my 7th anniversary. Alot to do within walking distance. Amazing sites, stores, food, etc. All n all definitely a must visit! Its surreal!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeAndrea D
DennisRullens, Commercial Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear LeAndrea D,

Thank you for choosing Ibis Amsterdam Centre.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
The size of the room can be considered as 'cute', which is often the case in Amsterdam. There's so much to explore right at our doorstep that it would almost be a waste of time to stay in the room!

Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Ibis Amsterdam Centre

Reviewed March 26, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
DennisRullens, Commercial Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at the standard of the Ibis, I had always thought they were very basic hotels.

The reception and public areas were very modern and clean. Check in was very quick considering we were a group of 10. The rooms were modern but very small we had a triple room and the third bed was more like a camp bed. It was perfect for what we wanted though as we were hardly in the rooms. The hotel has a nice bar area also which we used a couple of times.

Brilliant location right next to the train station with regular trains to and from the Airport also right next to the tramp stop which is very cheap and easy to get around Amsterdam on. Walking distant from restaurants, cafes and bars.

1  Thank Traveller021985

Dear Traveller021985,

Thank you for choosing and reviewing Ibis Amsterdam Centre. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at our unbeatable location!

It's good to hear that we surpirsed you with our standards :-)

We're looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stay in Ibis hotels quite a lot so thought just as well use Ibis on my visit to Amsterdam.

The hotel is brilliant for those coming in by train as the hotel straddles the railway, despite this I managed to take a nap in the afternoon and was never woken by trains (I was on 4th floor in the block closest to the main canal and had a view over the canal). There is also a car park within easy walking distance no greater really than the station.

The room was fine, more than adequate with a nice double bed. TV was provided and was able to watch BBC1 - there seemed to be a huge range of channels available so something for everyone. The bathroom is the typical Ibis cubicle type. All was very clean & and in good order both in my room and in the public areas.

The hotel is close to everything and it is possible to pop back to drop off shopping or just to put your feet up. The staff were mainly very helpful, polite and considerate - on checking in I was told by one guy behind the reception desk to go to his colleague in what I took to be the concerge desk as he was busy and seemed a little stressed. All staff even when passing in the corridor would smile and give a greeting!! I tried breakfast and whilst it was all OK I did think 16 euros was expensive, as was 2 euros for a small cup of tea in reception that didn't even fill - the cup was about 75 percent full. There are many good places around at cheaper prices. Despite this I would use this hotel again and didn't feel that some of the reviews here were very balanced.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the view looking out onto the huge canal to the rear of the hotel, was on the 4th floor so...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Commz

Dear Commz,

Thank you for choosing and reviewing Ibis Amsterdam Centre.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would like to come back.

We're looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

very nice hotel with friendly professional staff. very clean Great view. I would definitely stay here again. fantastic location. My brother broke his leg and the woman on the hotel information desk was so helpful. Also the girl on the reception when we arrived was very funny, having a wee unexpected joke with us. I liked that, it was a nice touch and very endearing.

Dear Thrumsterchon,

Thank you for choosing Ibis Amsterdam Centre.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was helpful.

Please wish your brother all the best from me!

Thank you again for your kind words and we're looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I and my husband stayed 4 nights in this hotel during March, 2014. Its location is the best to travel around Amsterdam with buses, trams, or boats. It is on the right of the Centraal station and has big bicycle parking lots in the front. Damrak, Dam square, red light district and some museums are in walking distance, other attractions can be reached by public transports which are in front of the station nearby.
As Ibis style, room size is a bit small for 2 persons with 2 medium size luggage.
I stayed on the first floor, facing the canal, little noise from the train was acceptable.
Front staff were nice and helpful.
The room was clean for the first 2 nights, it seem like the housekeepers just came to remake the bed and changed towels, did not vacuum and clean the shower room.
However, it was a nice stay and I would recommend this hotel to friends if they come to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Annie89302

Dear Annie89302,

Thank you for choosing and reviewing Ibis Amsterdam Centre.

I'm happy to hear you appreciated our central location and the assistance of our staff.

Your feedback concerning the cleanliness of the room, I do apologise for that. I will inform our Facility Manager about this matter.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

We're looking forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel overnight as part of a.package. We found our room to be compact but very well modernised with a nicely appointed shower room. We had a great view down the river and had no issues with noise from the trains below. The breakfast buffet was up to our expectations and.the staff very helpfull. Checkout time is 12 o'clock and their is a secure room to leave your luggage. We were abit surprised on checking in to be asked for a 50euro deposit on my credit card to cover any breakages , we are both in our 60s and not exactly up for.wild.partying!!. Overall a good a good hotel for a short stay near to the town centre.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bongobob60
DennisRullens, Commercial Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear bongobob60,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.

I'm happy to hear you appreciated our central location and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future!