“Great location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Byblos, Lebanon
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Great location for people arriving by train !!!!
It is now far from the city center neither from the red light district
It s about 170m from the train station exit, city bus tour and the boat tour.
Plus it is an ibis so u can expect what to get for the price you pay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DennisRullens, Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Rolandawad,

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here.

I'm happy to hear your stay met your expectations!

Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Me & My Fiancé,have just returned from four days in Amsterdam :)
From we checked in on Thursday to we left our stay was Amazing.
Hotel was very very clean rooms clean,but small (just what you need)
Staff are so friendly,always checking your ok,asking how your day went,enjoy dinner etc etc
I was so nervous for my visit to Amsterdam because of the mixed reports i had heard before hand.
The Ibis which we stayed in,was so handy & central enough :)
Away from the whole drug & red light district scene is one Beautiful City that i WILL be back to.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rebekah G,

Thank you very much for your kind words! I'm glad you liked our wonderful city.

I will pass your compliments on to our staff; they will be delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself.

We're looking forward to welcoming you again during your next visit to Amsterdam!

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

The location of the Ibis was great for us 100 metres from the Railway station to the airport and close to the cruise port 8 euros by taxi.
The room was small but very comfortable beds , the bathroom while quite modern was small,
The hotel has free wi fi and the staff service was good.
Hotels in Amsterdam are not cheap but this Hotel was good value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear portmagpie,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel.

Good to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you experienced the Ibis Sweet Bed to be comfortable!

We're looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have stayed here several times because of the location. Next door to the central station, across
the street from the tram, canal boats and walking distance to the cruise terminals. Breakfast is
good (15 Euro). Be sure to check size of the room. This time room was very small compared
to previous stays. Hotel was booked so I could not change. Staff was very helpful, as always.

Room Tip: Need to check size and make sure it is not by the elevators
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheDukeCalifornia
DennisRullens, Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear TheDukeCalifornia,

Thank you very much for writing a review of our hotel.

It's always nice and valuable to receive feedback from regular guests. I'm very happy to hear you enjoy your stays with us!

Since we have two building which were build years apart, the roomsizes are slightly different indeed. But with so much to do at your doorstep you probably don't spend much time in the room anyway :-).

Thank you again for your kind words. We're looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I am writing this from my room at the hotel following an overnight stay. Checkout time is 12md which is fantastic from my point of view since my next flight is this afternoon. I thought I'd be out exploring this morning but after a brief foray into the city and a canal trip last night and a walk about this morning I seem to need some quiet. I can hear the trains but otherwise I have that peace.

A smorgasbord breakfast is included in the room rate here and the location is very central. The room is compact but clean and modern. The only basic service missing is tissues.

I have not checked for a gym or pool. They may be here but I have not needed them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Judith W,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel.

Considering you were writing it from your room I suppose the WiFi was working properly :-).

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future!

Littleborough
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here with a group and my room was almost on the train platform. I already live near a railway so that didn't bother me but it might bother some people. The rooms are very small and compact but Ibis promise no frills and give none.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear PaulaLittleborough,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel.

I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms have very good soundproofing, so the trains usually don't bother anybody. Even the guests who don't live next to a railway can enjoy a good nights sleep here :-).

Thank you again and hopefully we can welcome you again in the near future!