This hotel is ideally located - very easy to get to on public transport from the airport and within walking distance of all the major attractions.
Although travelling solo, I booked a double room. I dread to think what it would have been like if there had been two of us! The bathroom door is frosted glass, but you can still see exactly what is behind it (in shadow), so there is no privacy. You have to climb over the loo to get to the shower. The room is an OK size for one person; it is a bit shabby but perfectly clean. The heating only works if your room key is in the holder, so coming back after a long day out it took a very long time to warm up, if at all.
Staff were business-like but not especially friendly. However, the guy behind the bar was very kind.
This is the sort of place to stay if you just want to lay your head down but that isn't a criticism. It served my purposes very well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eden Hotel Amsterdam – Hampshire Eden is in a unique location. Right on the Amstel and with an abundance of hot spots within easy reach: Rembrandtplein, the Stopera, Waterlooplein, De Kleine Komedie and Theater Carre. Various museums are close by including Rembrandthuis Museum and Foam photography museum. The area is also teaming with options for dining out as well as fantastic shopping streets, such as Kalverstraat and Leidsestraat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Eden Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Eden Hotel
- Eden Hotel Amsterdam
- Best Western Eden Hotel
- Best Western Amsterdam
- Best Western Eden Amsterdam
- Best Western Hotel Amsterdam