We checked into Eden Hotel very quick and efficiently. We were aloud in our rooms over 3 hours earlier than stated which was nice, so we could settle in and go explore. They take a 150 euro as a no smoking deposit. We used a debit card which they did not charge. Plus the city tax was about 10 euros which we paid cash. Our room was nice and modern. Quite small but we was aware of this as you can upgrade to a larger room. There was a comfy double bed and TV with basic channels ( extra channels and movies available at a sur-charge of 22.50 ) The shower wasn't the best as there was a shower head above the bath but no curtain so everywhere got soaked unless you lent into the corner! The hairdryer also would only turn on for 15-20 seconds then would turn off you would have to wait 2-3 minutes for another 20 second blow! I attempted for about 20 minutes then gave up. Bring your own if you have long hair or wanted to style! The concierge and staff were all very friendly and helpful. Providing us with bike rental information (17.50 per day from hotel) , sports bar locations and taxi information. A taxi from the hotel to the train station cost us 11 euros. You can easily get the train from the station to the airport which is 3 stops at about 4.20 euros each way. This hotel was in a good location and a great place to crash over the weekend or short break. It fits its purpose and we had a great time.
The corridors linking the rooms are not as modern and were not cleaned throughout our duration, we passed the same cotton buds every morning! The Ice Bar is a few doors down so very nearby. Its 15 euros and you get 2 drinks included :) You are walking distance to all the local attractions. Perfect for a short city break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eden Hotel Amsterdam – Hampshire Eden is in a unique location. Right on the Amstel and with an abundance of hot spots within easy reach: Rembrandtplein, the Stopera, Waterlooplein, De Kleine Komedie and Theater Carre. Various museums are close by including Rembrandthuis Museum and Foam photography museum. The area is also teaming with options for dining out as well as fantastic shopping streets, such as Kalverstraat and Leidsestraat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, HotelsClick and Travelocity so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Eden Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Eden Hotel
- Eden Hotel Amsterdam
- Best Western Eden Hotel
- Best Western Amsterdam
- Best Western Eden Amsterdam
- Best Western Hotel Amsterdam