We stayed in the Eden for 6 days, in the last week of May 2013. On the very last day, 3rd June 2013, we got back to our room and the door would not open. There was some defect in the card key and we had to go thrice to the reception to get it sorted out before the door could be opened. Finally a member of the staff arrived and opened the door with her key. She said that the reason for the door not opening could be due to the battery in the lock being faulty.
When we opened our locked bags, we discovered that a SONY XPERIA phone, some Indian rupees and 2 watches were missing. Our bag had been locked with a 3 digit code lock and someone obviously had the time to scroll through all the combinations possible to find out the combination to open the lock, during our 6 day period.
It seems suspect that the robbery took place on the very last day, just as we were due to leave, so that we could not even follow up with the hotel staff in person. The night desk receptionist only said that the cleaning staff have left and he would refer the problem to the manager the next day.
When we arrived in India, we got a mail from the manager stating that the cleaning staff could not enter the room since the door did not open for them as well. However the member of the staff did manage to open our door, so his excuse seems unbelievable.
He offered us a free day's stay the next time we visit Amsterdam. How would this make up for our loss in any way? Did he think we would seriously ever stay in a place where we lost so much already?
PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR BELONGINGS IN THIS HOTEL. IF A LOCKED BAG IS NOT SAFE, THEN ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eden Hotel Amsterdam – Hampshire Eden is in a unique location. Right on the Amstel and with an abundance of hot spots within easy reach: Rembrandtplein, the Stopera, Waterlooplein, De Kleine Komedie and Theater Carre. Various museums are close by including Rembrandthuis Museum and Foam photography museum. The area is also teaming with options for dining out as well as fantastic shopping streets, such as Kalverstraat and Leidsestraat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Eden Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Eden Hotel
- Eden Hotel Amsterdam
- Best Western Eden Hotel
- Best Western Amsterdam
- Best Western Eden Amsterdam
- Best Western Hotel Amsterdam