I arrived late in the evening for my three night stay, check-in was quick and my room was clean, quiet and provided a good environment for a comfortable night’s rest. The next morning I found the view outside the Eden Hotel Amsterdam every bit as spectacular as described online! A beautiful view of the canals was awaiting me and it was breathtaking.
I also met the gold standard in concierge service, a true master of his craft. In the three mornings I was at the hotel I watched him masterfully direct the various groups of international tourists, gently guiding them into the best holiday experience with helpful suggestions, navigating tips and the like. I found his advice to be flawless and particularly helpful. A simple piece of advice to always follow the tracks on the way back to the hotel kept me from going the wrong way many a times when I’d reach a fork in the winding streets. He also advised me not to walk to the Lindbergh Tours office since there would be a shuttle bus that would pick up at the hotel.
I had about 45 minutes before the shuttle was scheduled to arrive so I sought out a little breakfast spot I could dine in quickly in lieu of the hotel’s breakfast buffet. He had to give it some thought since it was early Sunday and most places were not open yet for breakfast. But then he smiled and thought of George’s Deli above the grocery store just a quick walk from the hotel through Rembrandt square.
The Eden has two hotels that are actually connected---the Eden Hotel Amsterdam exits towards the canals and Eden Hotel Rembrandt which exits Rembrandt Square (which is a great spot to stop for an afternoon break or for dinner). George’s Deli made the perfect simple breakfast of poached eggs with toasted rounds, REAL freshly squeezed OJ and tea! I dined there every morning.
When I returned to the hotel, I admit I started becoming a bit anxious as I didn’t want to loose my spot on the Lindbergh bus tour for a trip to the Keukenhof Gardens…an online purchase where I scored a ticket at a 50% discount while I was planning my trip. But I soon observed that the concierge was completely in control of the situation for all his hotel guests needs and sure enough the shuttle to the tour office finally rambled up just in the knick of time. As I was riding the shuttle I realized it would have been a bit of a hike to have to walk quickly and even perhaps slightly confusing if you were not familiar with the route, and so I was glad I had waited for the bus. Upon return from my tour I walked back to the hotel at a leisurely pace and enjoyed exploring the surrounding area.
The last morning of my stay, the concierge was hard at it again handling all the tourists yet he had made a point of putting out an APB for the airport shuttle bus which he had warned me was highly unreliable. He had various colleagues keeping an eye out for the bus and made several calls giving the confirmation number he had secured for me the day before when he called in a reservation. Yet no bus appeared. It almost seemed like he was a cat setting the trap for the mouse----which would be the shuttle driver---who didn’t stop at our hotel even though he reported he did and was forced to come back and get me because of all the extra points of control the concierge had put in place.
This hotel was in a very convenient, picturesque location, the room was comfortable and the concierge service exceptional. I definitely would like to make a return visit here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eden Hotel Amsterdam – Hampshire Eden is in a unique location. Right on the Amstel and with an abundance of hot spots within easy reach: Rembrandtplein, the Stopera, Waterlooplein, De Kleine Komedie and Theater Carre. Various museums are close by including Rembrandthuis Museum and Foam photography museum. The area is also teaming with options for dining out as well as fantastic shopping streets, such as Kalverstraat and Leidsestraat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Eden Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Eden Hotel
- Eden Hotel Amsterdam
- Best Western Eden Hotel
- Best Western Amsterdam
- Best Western Eden Amsterdam
- Best Western Hotel Amsterdam