Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven Amsterdam
$276
$260
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstram stopcity centrelovely bakeryzuid stationtram numberalbert heijnmuseum quarterwould stay here againtram takesnight buspublic transportcoffee machinecomfortable bedflat screenlong weekendgreat showerhotel is located
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We got off to a bad start when they wanted my passports (this is the EU, go away) and got worse when they wanted to charge me for WiFi. I almost left. Glad I didn't, it's a bit old and due for a refurb (hence the ancient systems) but it is comfortable, works, is cheap, and is a longish walk or a short tram to the centre. Staff proved very helpful. In the end, I liked it. Check the date of the review dear reader, I suspect soon it will have a total makeover and cost double. For now, it's a bit of a bargain. Comfortable and even mildly luxurious in a faintly pealing and appealing way.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank CarloGrassi
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The two highlights of this property were the front desk staff and the proximity to the tram. The front desk was extremely helpful, and eager to help, with everything from buying tram passes, to train tickets out of the country to directions, etc. I was very impressed with that. They let us keep our luggage at the property on our last day after we checked out as well. The tram stop is just outside the hotel and down the street a few steps. This made getting anywhere extremely easy and efficient. The room itself was not great, but not awful. The bathroom was the smallest thing I have ever seen. I am not sure I could have shaved my legs in the shower if I tried. There was A/C but it was too noisy to use. We let it cool down the room while we were gone (which it attempted to do, but didn't do all that well) and then turned it off when we returned. I think the hotel was overpriced for the quality of the room, but it seemed the norm for Amsterdam at the time we traveled.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jsoz84
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed 3 nights, 3 adults in a room with 3 single beds. The room was tired , poor quality carpet(more like carpet tiles), no liners on the bed. Arrived to a friendly welcome, paid the additional tax bill , plus some more for the wireless and realized that it didn't include breakfast. My mistake, just thought that for over 100e a night it would be included.
The room was basic, but did have air-con. The location is good , close to the tram stop and there is a bakery next door which is excellent. The linen and towels were changed daily , which was nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Not a lot of character here but it's location will appeal to both business visitors and tourists alike. It's about 20mins walk from the RAI so if you're attending a conference there then this hotel is a good choice. Also just a quick tram ride from the main sites in Amsterdam. Excellent little cafe across the road serving artful and extremely delicious breakfasts.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Me & 3 girlfriends stayed here for a long weekend. The hotel is in a good location in the museum quarter. The tram stops in front every 15 mins.and easy access to the central station.roughly 5 mins. to station zuid. Our room of 4 beds was clean, tidy and decent sized. fresh towels and toiletries were provided everyday. We paid 10 euros for a buffet breakfast comprising of choices of ham and salamis, eggs, cheese ,fresh breads and yummy croissants.There's a nice bakery a few steps from the hotel and a nice Chinese restaurant that opens really late but kitchen closes really early which sucks, nevertheless the food are yum! The great thing about the hotel is the staff. I would like to specifically mention Arthur at the front desk, who patiently, tirelessly navigated me to the Schipol airport route and showed me the bus stop even in the pouring rain.Arthur is an asset to the hotel and def.deserves a rise of pay :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends