Let me start by saying we were both unwell during out four day visit to Amsterdam but from a bug collected from home and had nothing to do with our accommodation or stay.
We had made the booking a month neforehand and requested a quiet room on our reservation and I am pleased to say that they accommodated us accordingly. They have two 'suites' in the annex of the building and we got room 406 so it was up in the lift to floor three, walk the whole corridor and then yup two flights of squeeky stairs until your room. It was twin beds which was a little disappointing but for some this would be more than acceptable.
The hotel is clean and tidy if a dated and tired looking in the decor side but the room had all the things you would expect and was cleaned to a high standard.
The number 5 and 24 trams stop in the middle of the street almost straight outside the front door which is great for travelling around the city but doesn't help in the quietness stakes. We could hear the rumble even at the furthest point away and so I am sure all other rooms would be the same (if not worse). The trams run from five in the morning until just after midnight. But it is true to say that after the first night neither of us were overly disturbed by them (in fact by the third night we never even realised they werte running).
Front desk staff were exceptionally polite and always greeted us when leaving and returning and I thought that was a nice touch.
Value wise - well I would put it straight in the average category, neither expensive or cheap for Amsterdam. Yes you can find cheaper but then you lose quality and yes you can find more opulent hotels but then you will pay the price for it. Having stopped quite a lot in Den Haag then the price I pay there is comparable to this hotel although the ones in DH are newer and therefore win on the decor stakes.
Having roamed the city and past quite a few of the other hotels we were considering them I am happy and satisfied with our stay at the Beethoven and would readily recommend it to couples or families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is a comfortable and convenient three star hotel in the prestigious Beethovenstraat in the popular neighbourhood Oud-Zuid. Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is centrally located in Amsterdam, near the city centre, the conference centre Amsterdam RAI, the World Trade Center (WTC) and the VU (university). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam