Me and my friend went for my birthday, very nice hotel, from the airport the taxi charged us nearly 40 euros. If i would have known how easy it was to get there on public transport i would have gone for this. WE had room 406 on the 4th floor, a bit annoying that we had to take the lift to the 3rd floor then take stairs, but overall the room was very spacious, bathroom had bath with shower, tea and coffee in room and towels changed daily.The hotel is located not in the central but trams are regular and you can buy a 24, 48 and 72 hour iamsterdam card from reception. There is a little supermarket shop a couple minutes walk away that you can go and buy things which you would like, theres a starbucks and a couple of coffee shops around, couple of resturants also. For nightlife we went to liesbein friday night and ra 2nd night which are both ok theres alot of bars and resturants there they play a lot of dance, hypno kinda music so if thats what you like then you'll be in heaven. You get barged a lot with no sorry so be prepared to drop a couple of drinks bars and clubs, i think its the nor there, drink are so expensive so basically it would be better to drink before going out. There was a night bus 358 which was every hour i think it was perfect because you can use your iamsterdam card.
Theres plenty of places to go during the day depending on what your into, and easily reachable from the hotel.
On the way back to the airport we caught tram number 5 for 2 stops which brought us very close to the train station just a couple mins walk the train ride was about 10mins, so very easy to get to. VERY NICE BREAK AND HOTEL. Also the reception staff are very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you’re enjoying a city break or are on a business trip; you find a warm and friendly welcome at the Hampshire Hotel Beethoven in Amsterdam Zuid (South). The hotel is conveniently situated in the prestigious ‘Beethovenstraat’, a street best known for its luxury shops and variety of trendy bars and restaurants for fine wining and dining. The neighbourhood ‘Amsterdam Oud Zuid’ is a beautiful area and great to experience every day Amsterdam life at its best. Enjoy tasty classic dishes at Brooks Brasserie. The brasserie is available for a cup of coffee, drinks, light meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Looking for the hustle and bustle of the Amsterdam city centre? With trams stopping right on the hotel’s doorstep, you get there fast and easy. Or stop on the way at interesting spots such as the newly renovated Rijksmuseum, the beautiful Vondelpark, the Albert Cuijp market and the vibrant Leidseplein with its bars, terraces, shops, cinemas and the new DeLaMar Theatre. Close to Hampshire Hotel Beethoven is the Amsterdam Zuid (South) station, from which metro 50 takes you directly to Amsterdam Arena. Here you find the ArenA football stadium, the Ziggo Dome concert hall, the Heineken Music Hall and much more to keep you entertained. Travelling for business? Due the location of our hotel in the South of Amsterdam it is also very popular with business travellers. The Amsterdam RAI convention centre and the Amsterdam WTC (World Trade Centre) are within walking distance and also the Amsterdam VU (university) is easily accessible. Hampshire Hotel Beethoven offers an outstanding service and comfortable rooms. With a private bathroom with bath tub or shower, flat screen TV, coffee and tea making facilities, a laptop safe and Wi-Fi internet free of charge, you will find all the comfort you need to unwind and recharge for the next day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam