Firstly, despite some of the marketing material, this is not a City centre hotel. It's a good 20 minute walk into the centre and we don't hang around when on foot.
That said there's an excellent tram service (No's 5&24) into and out of the centre, from just outside the hotel. A day or multiple day ticket is good value and can be used on all routes.
The hotel was clean, our room it seemed recently refurbished with the usual requisites, for example clean bedding and towels, king sized bed, tea/coffee making facilities, free wi-fi (in reception) etc.
Breakfast was typically continental with ample food to stock for the day.
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, providing useful advice when asked.
Amsterdammers celebrate New Year so don't expect too many restaurants and non city-centre bars to be open, particularly on New Years Day. We found some little gems in the De Pijp area of the the City, again within easy reach by tram.
Overall a good stay if not a little expensive for what you get (then again it was New Year so expect to pay more).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you’re enjoying a city break or are on a business trip; you find a warm and friendly welcome at the Hampshire Hotel Beethoven in Amsterdam Zuid (South). The hotel is conveniently situated in the prestigious ‘Beethovenstraat’, a street best known for its luxury shops and variety of trendy bars and restaurants for fine wining and dining. The neighbourhood ‘Amsterdam Oud Zuid’ is a beautiful area and great to experience every day Amsterdam life at its best. Enjoy tasty classic dishes at Brooks Brasserie. The brasserie is available for a cup of coffee, drinks, light meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Looking for the hustle and bustle of the Amsterdam city centre? With trams stopping right on the hotel’s doorstep, you get there fast and easy. Or stop on the way at interesting spots such as the newly renovated Rijksmuseum, the beautiful Vondelpark, the Albert Cuijp market and the vibrant Leidseplein with its bars, terraces, shops, cinemas and the new DeLaMar Theatre. Close to Hampshire Hotel Beethoven is the Amsterdam Zuid (South) station, from which metro 50 takes you directly to Amsterdam Arena. Here you find the ArenA football stadium, the Ziggo Dome concert hall, the Heineken Music Hall and much more to keep you entertained. Travelling for business? Due the location of our hotel in the South of Amsterdam it is also very popular with business travellers. The Amsterdam RAI convention centre and the Amsterdam WTC (World Trade Centre) are within walking distance and also the Amsterdam VU (university) is easily accessible. Hampshire Hotel Beethoven offers an outstanding service and comfortable rooms. With a private bathroom with bath tub or shower, flat screen TV, coffee and tea making facilities, a laptop safe and Wi-Fi internet free of charge, you will find all the comfort you need to unwind and recharge for the next day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam