If only they would give this hotel a face lift, it might be an enjoyable experience.
Firstly, I was here on a business trip this time. We wanted something near the RAI conference centre and location wise, this hotel was great. however, it doesn't live up to its pictures on the website.
On the plus side. The beds are really comfortable and the shower, clean and modern. That's where it ends. The whole place needs a make over. It is tired and scruffy. It is the most basic hotel I have ever stayed in. The restaurant/breakfast area looks like a cafe and the breakfast is cereal, cold meat and cheese. Hot food consists of scrambled egg and mini sausages. The same everyday. You pop your toast into a toaster and hope it doesn't get burnt.
The rooms are all very dark. I stayed on the second floor at the back. There is no sound proofing and underlay under the carpet. So every time someone moved above, you could hear them. Fine if you had to be up and out early like me, not so good if you are on holiday.
Although helpful, the reception staff where a bit scruffy too. All wearing different attire and looking a bit fed up.
Plus side. Beds comfy, bathroom clean (well in my room), great location, near enough to everything, but far enough away to miss the noise of Central Amsterdam.
It's located in a very fashionable location, easy for town and easy for conference facilities.
That's where it ends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you’re enjoying a city break or are on a business trip; you find a warm and friendly welcome at the Hampshire Hotel Beethoven in Amsterdam Zuid (South). The hotel is conveniently situated in the prestigious ‘Beethovenstraat’, a street best known for its luxury shops and variety of trendy bars and restaurants for fine wining and dining. The neighbourhood ‘Amsterdam Oud Zuid’ is a beautiful area and great to experience every day Amsterdam life at its best. Enjoy tasty classic dishes at Brooks Brasserie. The brasserie is available for a cup of coffee, drinks, light meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Looking for the hustle and bustle of the Amsterdam city centre? With trams stopping right on the hotel’s doorstep, you get there fast and easy. Or stop on the way at interesting spots such as the newly renovated Rijksmuseum, the beautiful Vondelpark, the Albert Cuijp market and the vibrant Leidseplein with its bars, terraces, shops, cinemas and the new DeLaMar Theatre. Close to Hampshire Hotel Beethoven is the Amsterdam Zuid (South) station, from which metro 50 takes you directly to Amsterdam Arena. Here you find the ArenA football stadium, the Ziggo Dome concert hall, the Heineken Music Hall and much more to keep you entertained. Travelling for business? Due the location of our hotel in the South of Amsterdam it is also very popular with business travellers. The Amsterdam RAI convention centre and the Amsterdam WTC (World Trade Centre) are within walking distance and also the Amsterdam VU (university) is easily accessible. Hampshire Hotel Beethoven offers an outstanding service and comfortable rooms. With a private bathroom with bath tub or shower, flat screen TV, coffee and tea making facilities, a laptop safe and Wi-Fi internet free of charge, you will find all the comfort you need to unwind and recharge for the next day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam