Stopped here for work a few nights and I really love the location. Stayed in Amsterdam a few times previously and this is the best area yet. Beethovenstraat is a stylish and classy neighbourhood with some good shops, bars and spots to eat, and this hotel is smack in the centre of it. worth mentioning here that here's a place at the end of the block called Fidelio Cafe that would make a brilliant local in any city with it's atmosphere, good beers and even better food, but sadly the same can't be said for the Beethoven.
If it was a colour it would be beige. Everything looks like it could do with a facelift.
That said, when you break it down into the raw materials of a hotel for a business trip there's nothing much to grumble about. My room was a good size with a decent bed, a great shower, good sized telly and plenty of natural light with views up and down the main road. The road's quite noisy but it didn't bother me overly. Breakfast was fairly poor but there was fresh bread and fresh juice and I've had worse.
It felt like they'd listened to reviewers advice and improved some of the essentials and this certainly made all the difference for my stay, but there's just no escaping the overwhelming blandness waiting around every corner. It's got zero character. You won't want to come back, but the charm of the area and the fact that it doesn't quite manage to upset you might just mean you forget you didn't really rate it and book another stay next year. Clever Beethoven.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you’re enjoying a city break or are on a business trip; you find a warm and friendly welcome at the Hampshire Hotel Beethoven in Amsterdam Zuid (South). The hotel is conveniently situated in the prestigious ‘Beethovenstraat’, a street best known for its luxury shops and variety of trendy bars and restaurants for fine wining and dining. The neighbourhood ‘Amsterdam Oud Zuid’ is a beautiful area and great to experience every day Amsterdam life at its best. Enjoy tasty classic dishes at Brooks Brasserie. The brasserie is available for a cup of coffee, drinks, light meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Looking for the hustle and bustle of the Amsterdam city centre? With trams stopping right on the hotel’s doorstep, you get there fast and easy. Or stop on the way at interesting spots such as the newly renovated Rijksmuseum, the beautiful Vondelpark, the Albert Cuijp market and the vibrant Leidseplein with its bars, terraces, shops, cinemas and the new DeLaMar Theatre. Close to Hampshire Hotel Beethoven is the Amsterdam Zuid (South) station, from which metro 50 takes you directly to Amsterdam Arena. Here you find the ArenA football stadium, the Ziggo Dome concert hall, the Heineken Music Hall and much more to keep you entertained. Travelling for business? Due the location of our hotel in the South of Amsterdam it is also very popular with business travellers. The Amsterdam RAI convention centre and the Amsterdam WTC (World Trade Centre) are within walking distance and also the Amsterdam VU (university) is easily accessible. Hampshire Hotel Beethoven offers an outstanding service and comfortable rooms. With a private bathroom with bath tub or shower, flat screen TV, coffee and tea making facilities, a laptop safe and Wi-Fi internet free of charge, you will find all the comfort you need to unwind and recharge for the next day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam