We stayed in the Beethoven Hotel for 1 week whilst exhibiting at a major Trade Show (September 2013). When we opened the lift door on the 3rd floor, after we had Registered, we were met by a really vile smell that lingered on for three days before finally dissipating.
Our Double Room overlooked the back (no garden) so it was quieter than the front, but it was dismal and urgently required redecoration, like the rest of the Hotel!
There was no ventilation in the lavatory/bathroom so the towels did not dry, and it was only on the third day that we started throwing them on the floor to get them changed. Even the net curtain in the room was filthy, with what looked like a large blood stain on it!
There was very little storage space for clothes, and what there was required a ladder to reach!
There was no free Internet (in this day and age?) AND they wanted to charge us for it, even though we were staying for seven days!
Breakfast was abysmal, and unchanging every day. There was a poor selection of cereals, no Meusli, totally tasteless fruit salad, the scrambled egg was like rubber, their sausages were small and 'dubious', and the coffee was totally undrinkable.
Reception was dour, and whilst not actually rude, did nothing to make one feel welcome in the venue.
All in all, a tatty, dismal, unwelcoming venue, and best avoided!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you’re enjoying a city break or are on a business trip; you find a warm and friendly welcome at the Hampshire Hotel Beethoven in Amsterdam Zuid (South). The hotel is conveniently situated in the prestigious ‘Beethovenstraat’, a street best known for its luxury shops and variety of trendy bars and restaurants for fine wining and dining. The neighbourhood ‘Amsterdam Oud Zuid’ is a beautiful area and great to experience every day Amsterdam life at its best. Enjoy tasty classic dishes at Brooks Brasserie. The brasserie is available for a cup of coffee, drinks, light meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Looking for the hustle and bustle of the Amsterdam city centre? With trams stopping right on the hotel’s doorstep, you get there fast and easy. Or stop on the way at interesting spots such as the newly renovated Rijksmuseum, the beautiful Vondelpark, the Albert Cuijp market and the vibrant Leidseplein with its bars, terraces, shops, cinemas and the new DeLaMar Theatre. Close to Hampshire Hotel Beethoven is the Amsterdam Zuid (South) station, from which metro 50 takes you directly to Amsterdam Arena. Here you find the ArenA football stadium, the Ziggo Dome concert hall, the Heineken Music Hall and much more to keep you entertained. Travelling for business? Due the location of our hotel in the South of Amsterdam it is also very popular with business travellers. The Amsterdam RAI convention centre and the Amsterdam WTC (World Trade Centre) are within walking distance and also the Amsterdam VU (university) is easily accessible. Hampshire Hotel Beethoven offers an outstanding service and comfortable rooms. With a private bathroom with bath tub or shower, flat screen TV, coffee and tea making facilities, a laptop safe and Wi-Fi internet free of charge, you will find all the comfort you need to unwind and recharge for the next day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam