Good clean and comfortable hotel, in a good location. The street is pleasantly tree-lined, with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby, and close to very pleasant walks by a suburban "green-area" canal. The tram stops (5 & 24) into the city centre are 2 minutes' walk away. We had a corner-room over-looking the street, with its trees and park-style benches, which was very nice. Yet there was surprisingly little noise from the street. A local supermarket was just round the corner.
The bedrooms are generous in size, the shower-toilets are well-kept. An electric kettle is supplied along with coffee & tea sachets, sugar & creamers. The wardrobes, however, were disappointingly narrow & small, with only a small amount of hanging space. The shelf space was so high up, that it was only usable by a tall person (I'm small), or someone with a set of steps. The rooms have air-conditioning that you can switch on & off at will. Very useful on a hot day or a warm, still night. The accoustic insulation seemed to be good, as we didn't hear a thing from other adjacent bedrooms.
The breakfast room was just behind the reception area, and was rather small. The TV is always on bringing you the latest international news in English. The buffet breakfasts were fairly good & filling, with cereals, tinned fruit & yoghourt to start with. But the same "boiled" mini-sausages, the same scrambled eggs (though this was nicely cooked), the same 3 sliced cold meats, the same 3 sliced cheeses - every morning for a week, did get a bit boring. A bit more variety would have been nice - e.g. fried bacon, mushrooms, hot tomatoes, small burgers, and perhaps a pot of hot beans. Still, everything was spotlessly clean.
The staff are pleasant & helpful.
It's strictly a No-Smoking hotel. You could be fined 50 Euros for smoking in the bedroom - even if you stand blowing the smoke out of the window; and you'll only get it back when you leave, if the hotel housekeeper is satisfied that no further smoking has taken place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is a comfortable and convenient three star hotel in the prestigious Beethovenstraat in the popular neighbourhood Oud-Zuid. Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is centrally located in Amsterdam, near the city centre, the conference centre Amsterdam RAI, the World Trade Center (WTC) and the VU (university). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam