Stayed there for 3 nights - due to attendance of an event at RAI convention center. It is indeed within 10-15min walking distance of RAI - so no need to use public transport to get to RAI. The part of Amsterdam where it is located is upscaled -- the scenery is quite charming -- and quite safe.
The hotel is a quite old building. The floors and ceillings are probably made of wood. You could hear people walking on the top floor -- the ceilling makes terrible creaking sounds. Very alarming during night time. People walking down the corridor are felt (produced trembles inside the room and heard LOUD.Neighboring rooms have NO sound insulation. Woke up many times during the night of the noise. Very bad sleeping quality and also some sounds come from the outside very early in the morning.
Staff were moderately helpful. No major complaints there. Charged 115 Euros/night through travel agents, + 10euro City tax for 3 nights.
Cleanliness was OK. The TV set was a flat screen from Samsung, but required a special chip card to be paid for to work. So no pay noTV. WiFi was free at the lobby, so it was possible to check email. Breakfast was decent -- but nothing to brag about. Breakfast area a bit small. Overall,since it was so difficult to sleep because of noise, I give it a low rating, and will not use their services again. 5mins walk down the street are M-Citizen and WTC, with much newer buildings available.
3-4 restaurants within direct vicinity,including chinese, italian and mexican. A super market is in the end of the block (Albert Heijn chain) -- and yes tulip seeds are available there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you’re enjoying a city break or are on a business trip; you find a warm and friendly welcome at the Hampshire Hotel Beethoven in Amsterdam Zuid (South). The hotel is conveniently situated in the prestigious ‘Beethovenstraat’, a street best known for its luxury shops and variety of trendy bars and restaurants for fine wining and dining. The neighbourhood ‘Amsterdam Oud Zuid’ is a beautiful area and great to experience every day Amsterdam life at its best. Enjoy tasty classic dishes at Brooks Brasserie. The brasserie is available for a cup of coffee, drinks, light meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Looking for the hustle and bustle of the Amsterdam city centre? With trams stopping right on the hotel’s doorstep, you get there fast and easy. Or stop on the way at interesting spots such as the newly renovated Rijksmuseum, the beautiful Vondelpark, the Albert Cuijp market and the vibrant Leidseplein with its bars, terraces, shops, cinemas and the new DeLaMar Theatre. Close to Hampshire Hotel Beethoven is the Amsterdam Zuid (South) station, from which metro 50 takes you directly to Amsterdam Arena. Here you find the ArenA football stadium, the Ziggo Dome concert hall, the Heineken Music Hall and much more to keep you entertained. Travelling for business? Due the location of our hotel in the South of Amsterdam it is also very popular with business travellers. The Amsterdam RAI convention centre and the Amsterdam WTC (World Trade Centre) are within walking distance and also the Amsterdam VU (university) is easily accessible. Hampshire Hotel Beethoven offers an outstanding service and comfortable rooms. With a private bathroom with bath tub or shower, flat screen TV, coffee and tea making facilities, a laptop safe and Wi-Fi internet free of charge, you will find all the comfort you need to unwind and recharge for the next day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam