We stayed here for 2 nights for our second visit to Amsterdam. We stayed in Museumplein last time so we were looking for an affordable hotel in the same area. Hotel Conscious was the cheapest one in the area at about $170 a night. It is in a great location right by the Museumplein tram stop. Though we walked everywhere and only used the tram for getting here from the airport. Btw if you come from the airport go to Zuid station and then take the #5 tram. It’s much quicker then going to Central Station and less hectic.
We arrived early on a very rainy day and thankfully our room was ready as we were soaked. The main reception lady we encountered was very friendly and helpful at all times. The hotel is very modern and clean. Last time we stayed at an older hotel in a traditional Dutch house. I kinda missed that aspect of it here. The room was very spacious with comfortable bed. In terms of décor I found it funny that one side of the room with the bed was decorated very nicely with “forest” wallpaper and nice tree end tables. Though the other side of the room with the TV was completely white. It’s almost like they forgot to decorate the other side. Even though the hotel is on a main street it is very quiet and the room had big windows which was very nice.
The breakfast was an additional 13.50 euro which we thought was really expensive so we bypassed that. We had breakfast at a really nice bakery around the corner south on Van Baerlestraat at a fraction of the cost.
We rented bikes from the hotel which was really convenient. I believe it was about 7 euro for 3 hours and 13 euro for 24 hours.
For dinner in the area I would recommend Café Pompa for tapas and Café Loetje for great steak and fries.
I had no complaints about Hotel Conscious and I would definitely recommend it. Though if you want to experience a hotel that’s more traditional dutch feeling this isn’t it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conscious Hotel Museum Square is a new type of place to stay designed with today’s independent and discerning travellers in mind. The hotel has a beautiful, cutting edge, contemporary interior but also a sustainable operation designed to be kind to the planet. The choice of how ‘green’ guests want to be is completely up to them and there’s a playful side to the hotel that shows up in little eccentric details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Conscious Hotel Museum Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Museum Square Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Museum Square Hotel
- Museum Square Hotel Amsterdam