“A lovely birthday trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Delphi Hotel

BEST WESTERN Delphi Hotel
Ranked #150 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“A lovely birthday trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I recently took a trip to Amsterdam to celebrate my birthday. We chose to stay at the Best Western Delphi and boy were we suprised. Having expected a tiny little room we walked into a huge bedroom with a large wardrobe, dressing table, sofa and en suite perhaps a little old fashioned but all very clean. The breakfast room was lovely with views out onto the local residential area and the food was good, not a huge choice mainly breads, fruit, yoghurts and cereal but enough to suit most tastes. Located two minutes from a tram stop this hotel is an ideal base to explore from and the staff at the hotel were great in helping us find our way around. All in all I would stay here again, plenty to do locally and a lovely quiet place to stay (except on bin day!!)

Room Tip: We asked for a room high up to help reduce noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed here for New Years Eve, The hotel was about a 10 min tram journey from the centre but this was ok as to catch the tram you only had to walk around 200 yards. The hotel is quite dated and the bathroom small. We had a very small balcony with a very low banister so didn't venture on to it much. The staff were friendly and will help with anything you ask. Would probably look for a hotel closer to the centre next time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank perry91
BWDelphi, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Delphi Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear SIr,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 0031 20 679 51 52 .

Yours sincerely,

Philip Schepers
Sales Manager
BEST WESTERN Delphi Hotel
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I've recently stayed at Best Western Hotel, traveling to Amsterdam as a gift for my partner. I must say it was just the right hotel, cozy and intimate place. The reception staff was very nice and helpful and the room was spacious and clean. Tram stop just 2 min walk from the hotel with easy access to Amsterdam central and all other attractions. What was even greater was the unlimited free coffee and tea served in the lounge area.
Overall, 10/10.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

During my last visit I had stayed in Notting Hill booked by the company that I work for. On my return trip early November I did my own reservation. I was looking for a place which would be reasonably priced, in a quiet location and easy to access from other parts of Amsterdam. Best Western Delphi was just that.

Then why the 4 stars? The reason: there is always room for improvement everywhere. Saying that I found the hotel clean, the staff professional, the breakfast (part of the stay) good, healthy and filling. The coffee round the clock was good and the free internet connection added to staying inside worth every penny (It had started to rain and some snow flakes were already visible).

There are 2 tram lines close to the hotel and a few minutes walk needed to stops or to the super market and many decent eating places. The neighborhood is quiet, though I could not use the opportunity because of weather.

The single bed room was comfortable, but depending on what one prefers the pillows were not to my liking.

I got a room overlooking a roof! So, my advice would be to ask for rooms facing the 2 streets. I am not sure if it was the north or the south side. Overall a nice place and would recommend others to check this hotel.

I am planning to go back and stay again,

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the 2 streets, not sure if it is the north or south side.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Moin K
Palermo, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Located 30 mins distance by tram (No. 5 or No. 24) from Amsterdam Central Station and 10 mins walking distance from major museums (Van Gogh, Reijks etc); there is shuttle bus to Shipol airport at 16EUR per passenger (the receptionist can book it for you and it picks you up at the hotel).
Rooms are very small (first time in my life I saw a single bed room, and could barely fit in the toilet while shaving) but newly renovated and clean.
Breakfast is decent but on Sunday, when the hotel is packed with people, number of seats is not sufficient to accommodate al guests, so you may have to wait.
Compared to other options, and considering also the good price this hotel is definitely the best.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

We have just got back from Amsterdam, where my husband ran the Marathon, (3.51 since you asked, ) and I enjoyed walking round this beautiful city. The Delphi is a well run, comfortable hotel, on a good tram route both to the centre , 24 and 5, and to the Zuid railway station, which connects with Schipol Airport very efficiently. And it is only a 20 minute walk to the Marathon Stadium where the run begins. We found the breakfast fine. Help yourself to cereal, scrambled eggs and toast, or the continental cheese, ham and cake. Tea and coffee are available in the dining room at any time, and there is a bar. Our room was warm and comfortable and so quiet, even though we were right next door to the lift. There are restaurants and shops just round the corner, and apart from on Sunday evening the trams are very regular.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Pat M
Amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Newly refurbished room at a good price (EUR 130). The reception and the breakfast restaurant were a little old, but the service was good. The breakfast buffet was quite poor, so go out for your breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple