“Don't come here if you want to sleep early”

Best Western Delphi Hotel
Ranked #173 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Booked this hotel based mainly on positve reviews. Staff were friendly and helpful as reviewers said, room was relatively clean and given a balcony when asked for one.

However I would not stay here again as the main problem was the VERY thin walls, the first night I arrived and naively tried to get an early night I was awoken at least three times by people coming and going, knocking on doors etc. I learned quickly and slept much later but still you can hear people laughing and chatting in their own rooms. Having to sleep late then obviously impacts on the following day so for this reason wouldn't recommend. If you do go ask for a higher floor. I was on the first floor.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor, might be quieter but not sure.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I would like to share my experiences at the recent visit to the Best western Delphi hotel at Amsterdam on a recent visit to the Netherlands.
The visit was really nice and the stay was indeed comfortable with easy access to various modes of local transport - trams, bicycles, canal cruises and cabs.
Visit to the different galleries and museums was insightful and one really gets to connect with the finer side of life this way.

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious and comfortable hence no special tips needed here
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank smartpiscean22
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here in April 2013, didn't spend a great deal of time other than to sleep...you don't come to Amsterdam to be cooped up in your hotel!

Hotel staff were friendly, room itself was clean and comfortable. It was fairly spacious although the bathroom was a tad on the smaller side.

Good place to put your head down and you can get into the Centre fairly quickly on the tram.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I looked at the professional photos before using some of our hard earned points to book this hotel. The room we received looked NOTHING like the photos. We were on the first floor right next to a communal bathroom. I would've stayed in a hostel had I known!!! The room was uncomfortable. The dark grey OLD carpets were musty, and bathroom shower was tight and awkward to shower in. Thank goodness we were only there for two nights. The hotel staff seemed surly, thought helpful if you asked questions. The walls are paper thin and even when wearing ear plugs we were awaken several times a night by other guests.

My advice is to stay in a hostel instead, its cheaper and has comparable accommodations. This is by far the worst Best Western I've stayed in Europe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room depicted in the professional photos!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Currently staying in this hotel in a single room.
Hotel staff are very friendly, room itself is very clean, tidy and comfortable but also quite small though to be honest, in a city like Amsterdam, who is going to be spending all their time in the hotel?

Room Tip: Shop around for prices, really had to do some digging to find the one for this room but well worth t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I chose to stay a bit further from the city centre as I have a motorbike and had read about security issues of parking it on the street. The hotel allowed me to park the bike on the pavement outside the hotel, which put my mind at ease. I found the staff to be helpful and the rooms were decent. The location was good as there is a regular tram service just round the corner, and they ran until quite late. The only issue I had was you could hear the doors banging closed a lot, but in the grand scale of things, this was nothing major

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We wanted to stay at a hotel in Amsterdam for visiting a concert in 'De Melkweg'. I found this hotel on 'Vakantieveilingen'(a auction site for holiday related things as hotels, concerts etc) and got a pretty good deal.

The hotel is located near a tram station, so it is (in my opinion) a better option to stay here and take the tram to the city centre(takes about 10-15 minutes) than to book one of the expensive and noisy hotels in the city centre.

The room was good, only downside was the ventilation system in the bathroom. It was really noisy and started as you put on the lights. I took a bath, and the noise really annoyed me so I decided to turn out the lights.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lotte A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amsterdam
Centrum
Best Western Dam Square Inn
Best Western Dam Square Inn
#138 of 372 in Amsterdam
Bilderberg Garden Hotel
#115 of 372 in Amsterdam
Vondelpark
Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam

Been to Best Western Delphi Hotel? Share your experiences!