“Business Stay”

Best Western Delphi Hotel
Ranked #175 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel was adequate for a business stay.

The bedroom was small but comfortable. The lift was small for luggage purposes and the location was very far from public transport.

Staff were friendly which provided a warm feeling to a small hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Delphi Hotel

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I booked this room as a surprise for my dads' 70st birthday. I had to get in touch with reception a few times for various suprises for him, and every time they were so helpful, and friendly.
My parents were given a beautiful room, and they really madean effort to help with my organisationfor his birthday. They put a surprise in the room prior to their arrival, and my parents were allowed in the room earlier than normal. I felt they really cared, and really wanted to help me make his birthday special.

According to my parents, the room was really lovely and quiet, and they had a great time.
If I go back to Amsterdam, we will surely be staying there as well.

Heel erg bedankt voor alles alle werknemers van Delphi.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank delicatesse73
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Delphi is located in a rather quiet residential neighbourhood south of the center of Amsterdam, about 1 hr walk from the main station. It is, however, very conveniently connected by two tram lines (5 and 24) that stop just around the corner.

The room I was in was tiny - particularly annoying in the bathroom, where an average sized person hardly finds space to maneuver onto the toilet and out of the shower. There was also a sewer smell that was impossible to get rid of.

Admittedly, I have a deep personal dislike for shower curtains - especially in hotels, and even more if one can see from blood stains (!) on them that they have not been changed. They were, however, changed upon request.

In the room, there was a safe available while no fridge as found. WiFi works well, the staff was Ok, but not particularly enthusiastic about their job.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Eclipticon
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel was VERY nice. Located about 15 minutes by tram from the city centre, my room had everything I could need. The only reason I did not give it a 5 was the wifi signal in my room was weak. The hotel had a lift to all floors. Room spacious by European standards. Bed was comfy. Had my own bathroom..shower toilet and sink. Desk, armoire flat screen tv and two night stands rounded out the room. Even though I was booked as a single, I had a double bed. Right outside the hotel was a park with a memorial to WWII...which was beautiful. Breakfast was full..inclusive of eggs and meats, breads, cereals, yogurt, fruits and an anytime self serve tea/coffee bar. Very clean. Since it was just me, I hung up my towels and advised the cleaning staff I was fine for my 3 night stay..not to worry with the room. The tram stop is maybe 100 yards or less from the front door. A Brazilian steak house, Chinese restaruant and Italian restaurant are all within walking distance as well as a grocery store. A quiet upper class area of town without a doubt. From the Central Station take either the #5 or the #24 tram to the Apollolan stop. Exit tram to the left and cross street to the right. Look ahead slightly to the left and you will see the hotel one block down. Sounds hard but ultimately very easy to find. I would definitely advise you buy a multiple day tram/metro/bus pass. Well worth the money...HOWEVER...the local tickets must be bought at the shop across the street from the main station...next to the tourist info centre. The ticket counters IN the station only sell train tickets. Not the local passes/tickets.

Room Tip: This hotel is good for adult/business travelers. I would not recommend for family with children or...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Sharonajax
Reviewed January 29, 2013

On the way to the hilton from the tram stop, we passed this hotel daily and decided to stop in and check it out. We had requested that our travel agent find us a centrally located hotel so we would NOT have to keep taking the tram. This is not it. but it is easily accessible and only 1 block from the tram - closer than the Hilton. It appeared to be pleasant and clean and much cheaper. I would definitely give it a try!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank imw
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a little to expensive and, for sure, not a 4 star hotel. The people at front desk are working with a little "strange" distance. They're not really "making your day" with a smile and/or an extra kind word. They do their job, that's it! Do they love it?...I don't know...
The rooms are oké, not really big! Breakfast isn't great/ outstanding (you have to pay €10,- (p.p.) extra!), but it will satisfy you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank washingtongeorge
Reviewed January 14, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Julie A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amsterdam
Centrum
De Pijp
Ibis Styles Amsterdam City
Ibis Styles Amsterdam City
#146 of 371 in Amsterdam

Been to Best Western Delphi Hotel? Share your experiences!