WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #144 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Porto, Portugal
“Great Value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

The room was big and very very comfortable. I loved the bathroom style, very sleek and modern. The service was also very good and the staff was always nice and friendly. If you want a great hotel in the center, this is the perfect place. The location is absolutely perfect and we could walk everywhere within a short distance. I recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lahti, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice and was very pleased both times. It´s nothing fancy, maybe a little bit too expensive for it´s level, but very nice.Location is absolutely perfect! You are close to everything and tram stops are just around the corner. The staff is very nice. I have always travelled alone and felt very safe in his hotel because the front door is locked and there is 24 hour service at the reception. You need to ring the bell to get in the hotel and leave your key at reception when you go out.

Rooms are quite small and simple, but then again I used my room only for sleeping. Don´t expect any great view because it is in the middle of the city. There are lots of stairs as in every old house in Amsterdam.My rooms have always been very clean and the bathroom is spotless. The beds are so comfortable and big. Breakfast is simple but there is good selection. I liked to fridge in the room. There is a supermarket very nearby and I often bought some late night snacks and drinks. Some say the rooms walls are thin and you can hear every sound but I haven´t had any problems.

Room Tip: Room 502 at upstairs and at the end of the hall extremely quiet and comfortable. Rooms at the bottom...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank audreymaria16
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

For the price we paid this hotel was adequate and clean. The WiFi was not great. But it's in a very central spot, close to Damm square. We had a room at the back, might be a bit noisy at the front. Close to lots of places to eat too, and right by several tram lines.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Retrogirl68
Cape Town Central, South Africa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Could not stomach the breakfast after 1st day
Wifi poor
Once had to ask Reception at 19h00 to make up the room
Front desk very helpful and provided good restaurant recommendations
Mattresses several years past useful life
Noisy and poor sound insulation

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank avrils616
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed here in November. Our room had no view as the window was out onto a yard between buildings, but that wasn't a problem for us. We were not facing the street and the trams were suspended at that time due to roadworks so we cannot say how much noise there was from the street at night on a normal day.

The room was a good size. There are no hot drink facilities but the room did have it's own fridge.

The bed was so comfortable we didn't want to leave. We had a quick nap that lasted 3 hours as we couldn't make ourselves get out of bed. We had two single quilts on the double bed which is unusual to a Brit, but not a problem and involved less fighting over the bedding in the night. The bathroom was nice, it looked like it had been recently renovated.

The breakfast was good, with plenty of choice. You help yourself to a choice of pastries, hot dishes, cereal and fruit and drinks. We deliberately chose a hotel with included breakfast as my boyfriend can't have gluten so finding a restaurant/cafe to eat in would have been hard, this way we could get the best breakfast on our doorstep.

The location was good. We walked from the train station to the hotel in a fair amount of time. As we were only there for one night we didn't use any public transport, and as the trams weren't running past the hotel we can't say how easy it was to get to the hotel by public transport. The reception staff were helpful, so they could advise you on transport, and they can also book certain tourist attractions on your behalf.

There is a small lift in the lobby, but as the stairs are very narrow in places and I wouldn't recommend negotiating them with luggage as you have to concentrate!

The hotel was clean, well located with breakfast included in the price which made it good value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I booked this through Lastminute.com on the day I stayed (Fri/Sat nights) thinking I could get a bargain but on the contrary I paid far more than I would even if it had been a 4 or 5 star so DEFINITELY not good value.

However, I was desperate for a last minute hotel so I went for it, especially as it seem to have a lot of good reviews on here. Unfortunately my experience was not the same as the majority reviews. I was given the top floor room (Room 43) which had a twin bed and a 3rd bed on a mezzanine floor accessible via a spiral staircase in your room ! In my opinion, the painted walls and carpeted room were tired and gave the feel of being a bit grubby. The windows didn't open properly as it scraped the ceiling as I opened it. The curtain came undone too from the hooks. There were smear marks on the walls and peeling paint work which you can't see in the photos. The bed sheets look to be clean but on the last day I suffered 3 bug bites from somewhere !

There was also a fridge in the room (?), no tea/coffee in the room, and noisy (not double glazed) from the revellers outside. The table and ceiling lamps didn't really provide any cosy ambience. On the contrary it seemed quite depressing when staying in the room.

Even if I didn't pay the horrendously last minute high price for the room, I don't think I would want to come back, even if it was at value price, it's just not for me. For me, I like to look forward to coming back from a night out or shopping to relax and chill out in a nice, decent, modern standard room. This wasn't the case for me I'm afraid. I've stayed in far, far better 3* than this. In my opinion it should be a 2 star, but maybe I was given the worse room and the others aren't like no.43 ?

Good point ? The location which is very close to Dam Square but that's pretty much it.

Room Tip: If you want nice fresh airy and quiet room with trendy décor, and lighting, then don't come here...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

stayed here 22/23 may, its my 3rd trip here and by far the best hotel ive stayed in, got a room at the front and was nice to see the people whizz past, great staff,clean rooms and a nice breakfast, absoultly loved it. ck,dick,butch

Room Tip: at the front to see life pass by
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends