Nova Hotel Amsterdam
$256
$905
$347
  • Restaurant
Hotel Van Gogh(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$132
$89
Hostelworld.com
1,119 results
All reviewsdam squaregreat locationfull size fridgerecommend this hotelfree wificentral stationgood sizetriple roomvending machinefew minutes walkwithin walking distancebreakfast was includedwalked everywhereanne frank housebreakfast roomstreet noisenice breakfast
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

We treated ourselves to a long weekend for our Christmas present
Our room is huge with a spare bed
Room lovely and clean bed very comfy so far lovely
Nice easy walk for Dam Square
So far we have been to the Ann Frank museum very sad and have just visited a coffee shop called The Bulldog of which my partner is sleeping "it off"
More to follow later

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was 1 of the best hotels i have used. The customer service was second to none. It was like going from home to home. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The food was great and had good choices. The staff couldn,t be more helpful and always tried to sort out your needs and quickly

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night and that was enough! The stair nearly killed me!
Hotel basic, fridge but no kettle?
One of the light fixtures in our room was hanging off the wall, and we had a rather suspicious looking brown stain on the throw for the bed. As well as being woken up by the hotel handy man sawing and drilling, you get the tram go past every 5 mins just to make sure your up nice an early! The walls are also extremely thin so if you have noisy neighbours your in for a real treat. We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that.
The hotel was in a good location though.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Pros: very central location right in the center with tram (5) close by; the breakfast buffet is ok (though they don't change things up much, there's only one machine for coffee, and sometimes some of the warm stuff is not yet there when you go there early etc.), the wifi is very reliable and fast, they made it possible for me to get an early check-in after a transatlantic red eye.

Cons: the hotel is really noisy. 1) The room walls were so thin that I could hear the a very annoying bunch of neighbors snore (and talk and everything) every night so I couldn't sleep well and actually requested (and got) a room change. The second room then bordered on the neighboring house so from there I had techno music all day long in the hotel room. 2) the ventilators in the bathrooms never turn off: usually, they go on with the light switch and then turn off automatically after the light's been turn off - not here; they're always on in both rooms I occupied. 3) When I did get my room change for said reason, I got another room but since they were doing some sort of heating repairs during the days, the hammering they did on the plumbing would be carried into every other room connected by the pipes so I couldn't sleep during the day either. (4) The heatings in both of my rooms my clicking sounds whenever they are on (which they are of course in January, the first of my rooms on the third floor didn't get really warm anyway). In sum, you can't sleep well during the night, you can't sleep or work well in the room during the day, it was a pain in the ...

Note that the hotel can only be used by agile ppl because of its labyrinthine and serpentine staircases. Some of these are so narrow and the steps so small (maybe as little as 10-12 cm) that no older non-nimble person can safely walk those. It was actually not a problem for me personally, but my parents wouldn't be able to do it, and even I had to concentrate taking the stairs, which I never have to do anywhere else ever. There are no other amenities and the clientele seems to be younger and touristy. (I can't comment on cost-benefit ratio since I didn't pay for the hotel.) This was a big disappointment, I can only recommend to stay away.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2014

nice hotel,basic room though with gorgeous toilet ,shower amazing..spotless toilet which i find very important..lovely staff and nice breakfast..3 minutes walk to damn square as its across in one of the quieter streets,15 walk from central station..great location to.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends