“Location, location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Di-Ann

You added Hotel Di-Ann to your Saves list
Hotel Di-Ann
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raadhuisstraat 27, 1016 DC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Canal Ring (Grachtengordel))   |
Ranked #318 of 363 Hotels in Amsterdam
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Location, location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

A great location. Went away feeling a lot fitter after the stairs haha, but was all good. Friendly staff. Ok basic breakfast. I would recommend you ask for a room with a balcony, as mine hadn't and was sadly lacking.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the mixed reviews my husband and i were nervous about what we might find. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Yes the stairs are steep and it was extemely challenging to climb them with luggage but it is amsterdam and most buildings are like this. The room was small but cozy the bed was very comfortable and the room was clean and they cleaned everyday. It is perfectly close to everything. My husband and i walked everywhere with ease. We had a room with a window facing the canal so that was beautiful to see every morning and night. We would stay again.

Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just returned from a great trip (no pun intended) to Amsterdam. Having read pretty bad reviews about this hotel, my expectations were low so I knew what to expect. As my partner said, it was like staying in your mate's spare room but it suited our needs perfectly! Yes, stairs were steep but not a problem, room was small but cosy and clean and I slept like a baby. Location is brilliant and receptionist was very helpful on our arrival. The breakfast was fine for me as I only tend to eat cereal and toast in the morning anyway. Enjoyed a lovely Thai meal at Ko-chang (10 mins away) and close but not too close to everything. Loved it!

Room Tip: Not sure if all rooms have a balcony but ours did, which was great.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Where do I start.. We already knew the stairs were "unique" and could be a challenge so no grips about that. We arrived at 1pm which was an hour earlier than the official check in time. Thought we would take our chances and ask if we could check in. Awesome. Managed to check in an hour early. After having taken an early red eye flight and keen to explore the city, thought a quick shower might wake us up. Called reception for some towels which we noticed were missing. Sorry no towels are available because we checked in an hour early and they were still washing it?! Wouldn't accept that for an answer and asked two more times only to have the towels delivered 20 minutes later. Shower door broken, shower handle spraying water everywhere (although they did fix it after telling them so), toilet seat broken. Had asked for a double bed since I was traveling with the wife and received TWO singles placed at different ends of the room. The room we had was facing the road so the noise was simply incredible even with it closed. What more can I say? Unless you're 15 and into the back packing style of traveling, I would stay away. Location was good but can't make up for the rest of the things that weren't so good. We found that finding a good accommodation (although you do spend most of your time out) does impact the experience one has in the city. So if anything, never again.. and I don't think this place was CHEAP either but I guess it was because of the area.

Room Tip: NONE! Safer not to stay here
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank doo77

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was a single traveler so my room was small with a single bed, but is was fine as a place to sleep, my shower room was clean and everything worked fine, I had a fridge and two safety deposit boxes so all my valuables, money, passport etc were safe, breakfast was basic but satisfactory for my needs.

I will only give you one warning, the stairs are very steep and there is no lift, if you have any mobility issues, do not stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo